My 1st class today and happy with the results. Jodie does a good job at centering your well being and keeping the peace of mind. She doesn’t push the envelope and keeps the positive energy flowing. Very attentive and friendly. Glad my friend and I have a nice establishment in the south end of town. Thanks Jodie and we look forward to more classes in 2021.
I am enjoying my golden years after retiring from the University of Louisville in 2018. My interests include teaching hatha and chair yoga, meditation/mindfulness classes and exercise classes for seniors. I am a 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT), a certified KORU Mindfulness Instructor and a SilverSneakers Instructor. I believe that we are our best selves when our mind and body are connected in awareness of the present moment. By bringing attention to our breath we can inhabit our bodies in a mindful way, which helps relieve much of the stress in our bodies.
- Increase awareness of the breath and the body so the mind can be in the present moment, which relieves stress
- Ensure safe alignment of poses with modifications and adjustments
- Encourage engagement of whole body for full benefit of the practice
- Offer a variety of poses so classes stay interesting and fresh
- Provide all ages and abilities with opportunity to build and maintain strength, increase flexibility and improve balance.