Just had my first Intro to Pole class and it was so much fun! Trying something new is always very scary and can be intimidating. Walking into the studio we were made to feel comfortable and welcomed. The class was fun and entertaining and I could feel the comradery that lived in that studio. I left the class feeling excited to come back again next week. There's something to be said about getting out of your head for an hour and enjoying yourself. I cannot wait for next week!
Terra Marie is the Founder and an instructor at Sensual Serenity. She specializes in Pole Dancing, Yoga, correctional movement training for athletes, and has a background in dance. She completed a Diploma in Fitness and Health Promotion and has been teaching full-time in the fitness industry for over 14 years.
Her love for dance started in her teens with Jazz, ballet and hip hop. In her 20’s she discovered partner dancing when she attended swing dance lessons. Terra quickly moved over to Latin dance and is currently studying under Salsa Ole in Ottawa competing in salsa, bachata and Latin hustle.
Alternative fitness piqued her interest when a family member bought her Carmen Electra’s striptease aerobics DVDs in the early 2000’s. Since then, she has been collecting DVD’s and attending workshops in burlesque, chair dancing, lap dancing and striptease. She started her journey with pole fitness in 2012 and enjoys sharing her passion with others.
• Fitness and Health promotion Diploma, St. Lawrence
• 500 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, Shri Kali Ashram in India
• Traditional Hatha Yoga, Rishikesh Yog Peeth in India
• Over 10 years instructing in the fitness industry
• Certified Pole Fitness Instructor with PFIC
• Certified Personal Trainer with CSEP
• Standard CPR and First Aid level C
• Joint Mobility and Movement Training
• Advanced Stability and Core Training
• Certified ZUMBA Level 2 Instructor
• Certified Fitness Kickboxing Instructor
• Functional Movement Screening (FMS) Certification
• Functional Muscular Testing and Graduated Exercises Certification
• Olympic Weightlifting Certification
• KettleBell Training Certification
• Emergency First Responder for Sport
• Sport Taping Level 1
• Pilates Level 1 Certification
• Advanced Muscle Hypertrophy Training