I bought a one month gift certificate at a fundraiser to try out Results by Design . I had heard a lot about the place. Here's my assessment after one month:
1. Personal trainers are highly knowledgeable (degrees in exercise science or PT) and put together a plan based on my personal goals. The assessment includes a using diagnostic machine that measures not only weight but muscle, fat, water, BMI and progress from week to week. The workouts are exhausting but doable. They carefully watched my form and gave me guidance for a proper/safe/ optimal workout. Each session focuses on a different muscle groups.
2. In addition to the one-on-one weight training sessions, there are group metabolic classes that TRULY work everyone--advance, average or beginner. I was so out of shape my first class and felt like a fish out of water. The long-timers were great encouragers. The trainers showed us how to do each exercise by ability-beginner, moderate and advanced.
3. The place focuses on interval training to maximize workout. Heart monitors are available to keep a close eye on achieving max. and rest. heart rates.. They also encourage healthy eating and have a plan for that too.
4. I have been trying to lose the weight gained from having my daughter for 20 years and feel confident I will achieve it here.
5. I have a ways to go. There are so many people there to share their stories of accomplishments, resets and believe I will get the results I am hoping for. I hope to give another assessment in 6 months and hope to see significant Results.....by design.