Account tab is a type of Purchase Option service category that you can assign to a session pass or membership, allowing your clients to directly add funds to their account balance. This type of Purchase Option can’t be used to purchase products or services and is only used to increase a client’s account balance.
If an account tab Purchase Option is refunded, the refunded amount won’t be automatically deducted from the client’s account balance. A staff member must manually debit the client’s account. For more information, see Clearing or adjusting a client’s account balance.
An account tab Purchase Option can be configured to be a one-time purchase or to auto-renew after a specified duration. Account tab session pass allows you to auto-renew after a set duration but doesn’t allow you to view or modify the payment schedule. This can only be done with an account tab membership. For more information, see Understanding a client’s payment schedule. After you’ve configured an account tab Purchase Option, clients will be able to purchase them from the store.
When setting up an auto-renewing account tab Purchase Option, keep the following information in mind:
- You can enable the Auto-Payment Rule in Store Settings so that a client’s positive balance is used for scheduled auto payments before the client’s stored credit card or ACH account is charged if present. When this setting is disabled, the client’s stored credit card or ACH account will be automatically charged—even if they have a positive account balance. For more information, see Store settings.
- If a client purchases an auto-renewing account tab Purchase Option with no credit card saved on file and a $0 account balance, the amount owed will be charged to their account balance and redeposited back as a credit. This cycle will continue to run every scheduled payment date until the client saves a credit card on file. For more information, see Saving a client’s credit card information.
- For example, a client purchases an auto-renewable Account Tab membership that costs $50 monthly. The client has no credit card saved on file and has a $0 account balance. On the scheduled billing date, $50 will be charged to the account balance and redeposited as a credit, leading to a net $0 account balance.
- Creating or modifying a session pass
- Creating or modifying a membership
- Creating or modifying a package
- Viewing a client’s account balance history
- Viewing a client’s Billing & Account Balance page
- Client Web App: Viewing or managing your billing information
- Achieve Client App: Viewing and managing your account balance
- Clearing or adjusting a client’s account balance