NoteThe most recently added available or unavailable time will override previously set available or unavailable time.
NoteA staff member’s working hours cannot be canceled from the schedule. If you need to cancel a staff member’s working hours, you can do so from their profile. See Managing a staff member’s working hours for more information.
To set available or unavailable time on the schedule:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Schedule.
- On the Schedule menu, click hidden.
- On the hidden menu, click hidden.
- Change to the Calendar view and Day view. For more information, see Schedule views.
- On the schedule, find the staff member for whom you want to set available or unavailable time.
- Click on an open area in the schedule under the staff member’s name and, in the list, select Add Available Time or Add Unavailable Time, depending on whether you want the staff member to be available or unavailable for services during the specified time. If available or unavailable time is already set for the staff member, you may not see both options when clicking in the schedule. To modify a staff member’s set working hours, see Managing a staff member’s working hours.
- Enter the time details:
- In the LOCATION list, select the location where the staff member will be available or unavailable.
- In the START DATE and END DATE boxes, select the start date and end date, or select the Ongoing checkbox if you do not want to set an end date.
- Under DAY OF THE WEEK, select the days of the week to which the available or unavailable times will apply.
- Under START TIME and END TIME, set the hours between which the staff member will be available or unavailable.
- Under REPEATS EVERY, select the frequency with which the available or unavailable time will repeat. You can set the working hours to repeat based on a specified number of weeks, months, or years. For example, if the staff member needs Thursdays off every other week, you would set the value to 2 and select a period of week. If the staff member needs the last Thursday off each month, you would set the value to 1 and select a period of month.
- Under SERVICES, select whether these working hours affect the staff member’s availability for all Appointment Types or only selected Appointment Types:
- Click All services including future if you want these working hours to affect the staff member’s availability for all Appointment Types.
- Click Select service manually and select the checkbox for each Appointment Type the staff member will be available or unavailable for during these working hours. The services available here are determined by the services that have been set up for the staff member. For more information, see Setting a staff member’s services.
- If you select the affected services manually, this available or unavailable time cannot be visually represented on the schedule. It will only be displayed under the staff member’s working hours on their staff profile.
- Enter any notes associated with the available or unavailable time. These notes will be displayed either directly on the schedule or when you hover over the time on the schedule, depending on the Staff Availability Settings you have selected in the Look and Feel: Schedule settings.
- Click COMPLETE.