Staff members can create and apply a payment plan to any item directly from the online store checkout screen. You cannot apply a payment plan to an automated billing.
NoteA payment plan may only be applied at checkout if a valid payment method is used. The following is a list of applicable payment methods: virtual terminal, ACH, credit card swiper, and custom payment methods. The Account custom payment method cannot be used.
To create and apply a payment plan at checkout:
- Complete steps 1 to 8 in Making a sale.
- Under Select a Payment Method, click Virtual Terminal.
- Enter your credit card details and set the Apply payment plan option to ON.
- Configure the payment plan:
- Under Payment plan, select the number of payments the client will make. The amount will be calculated automatically and displayed beside the list.
- Under Repeat every, indicate the frequency of the payments by selecting the number of days, weeks, months, or years upon which the next payment payment will be required.
- Under Start, click the box and select the date on the calendar to choose the date of the first scheduled payment.
- Click Complete.