Padding time can be set to reserve a certain amount of time before and/or after an appointment type. Unlike processing time, padding time doesn’t affect the duration of an appointment, it is set aside for staff members and isn’t visible to clients when booking that type of appointment. Padding time may be required for preparation, clean up, administrative tasks, or other purposes. Padding time can be allocated in five-minute increments.
When setting up padding time for an appointment, keep the following information in mind:
- Make sure that padding time is taken into consideration when scheduling and booking appointments. Staff members will be unavailable for other services during padding time.
- Canceling an appointment will also cancel any allotted padding time.
- Any assets that are associated with an appointment will reserved by that appointment’s padding time and therefore can’t be booked elsewhere.
- If a staff member is booked for an appointment that includes padding time, the padding time is only displayed on the schedule in the browser version of WellnessLiving and won’t be displayed on that staff member’s synced Google Calendar.
- Changes made to the padding time won’t apply to booked appointments. The appointment must be canceled and booked again for the changes to apply
To set padding time for an appointment type:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click View All.
- In the list, click Setup. You can filter the list by entering Setup into the Search field.
- On the Setup menu, click Services.
- On the Services menu, click Appointments.
- In the list, click the appointment you want to modify. You may have to browse the list
, use the Search option,or filter the list to find the appointment.
- Under Duration, click Add Padding.
- In the BEFORE field, select the number of hours and minutes of padding time that should occur before the appointment.
- In the AFTER field, select the number of hours and minutes of padding time that should occur after the appointment.
- Click SAVE.