Padding time can be set to reserve a certain amount of time before and/or after an Appointment Type. Unlike processing time, padding time does not affect the duration of an Appointment, it is set aside for staff members and is not visible to clients when booking that type of Appointment. Padding time may be required for preparation, clean up, administrative tasks, or other purposes. Padding time can be allocated in five-minute increments.
To set padding time for an Appointment Type:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Setup.
- On the Setup menu, click Appointments.
- In the list, click the Appointment you want to modify. You may have to browse the list, use the Search option, or filter the list to find the Appointment.
- Under Duration, click Add Padding.
- Choose the number of hours and minutes of padding time that should occur before the Appointment from the BEFORE lists.
- Choose the number of hours and minutes of padding time that should occur after the Appointment from the AFTER lists.
- Click SAVE. The padding time is added to Appointments of this type.