Once relationships are created between clients’ profiles, any related client can be set up to pay for the transactions of any number of other related clients (e.g., a parent can pay for all the transactions of their children). When a client is assigned as a payer for a related client, all the related client’s auto-payments and purchases will be charged to the payer’s default payment method (credit card or ACH). Additionally, any payments, credits, or debits to the account balance of the related client will be applied to the account balance of the payer.
Purchase Options are displayed slightly differently on the Passes and Memberships page of a client profile when a client is assigned as a payer for a related client:
- When a client with an assigned payer buys a Purchase Option, both clients will have a record of the Purchase Option on the Passes & Memberships page in their client profiles. The payer’s record is only used to track payments.
- If a Purchase Option with auto-payments is transferred from a client to the payer, two records of the Purchase Option will be displayed on the payer’s Passes & Memberships page. One is the payer’s original record for payment tracking, and the other is the usable Purchase Option that was transferred to the payer.
To assign payment to a client linked to another client’s account by a relationship:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click the Search button , and enter the client’s information in the box. You can enter the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID.
- In the list of clients displayed, click the client’s name.
- On the side menu, click Profile Details.
- In the All transactions for this account paid by list, select the related client who will make payments for this client.
- If related clients already have a payer set up for their accounts, their names are not displayed on this list.
- If the list is not displayed, the client is already set up as a payer for other related clients and cannot have a payer assigned for them.
- Click UPDATE ACCOUNT.