Automated notifications are emails, SMS messages, and push notifications that WellnessLiving sends automatically on your behalf whenever a scenario is triggered by a client, past client, prospective client, or staff member. This allows you to engage your clients and keep all parties informed.
- When a client cancels an appointment, the Appointment Canceled notification is sent to the associated staff member to notify them.
- When a staff member changes an appointment, the Appointment Change (User Notification) notification is sent to the affected clients to notify them.
Automated notifications are split into two different categories:
- Client notifications – all notifications going to clients.
- Staff notifications – all notifications going to staff.
Each notification type has a description, the ability to enable or disable email, SMS, or push notifications independently, and an edit icon to customize the message. Some notification types don’t have SMS or push notification support.
Similarly, automated marketing allows for the creation of marketing campaigns to engage prospective clients, existing clients, and past clients.
When managing automated notifications, keep the following information in mind:
- Clients and staff members can’t unsubscribe from certain emails that relate to operations and transactions. For more information, see Notification categories in Changing a client’s notification settings.
- Automated SMS messages are only available to customers located in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and Australia.
- If you’re located in Australia, automated SMS messages can be sent at a cost of $0.09 USD per message.
- If you’re located in the U.S., Canada, or the U.K., you can subscribe to WellnessLiving’s Message Center to access 2-way and conversational SMS messaging. Some plans are available at no additional cost depending on your WellnessLiving subscription.
- For more information on plans and pricing, see Message Center: Subscription plans.
- A client can choose to unsubscribe to a business’s SMS message using the keywords STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END, or QUIT, at any time. The client will be unsubscribed from future SMS messages from the business, even if SMS notifications are enabled on the backend. To resubscribe to the business’s SMS messages, the client must reply to the business with either START, YES, or UNSTOP. You can provide this information to clients by customizing an automated SMS notification. For more information, see Customizing your automated notifications.