After a membership has been purchased, you can change the auto-payment date as needed. If you choose to change the auto-payment date, all future scheduled payment dates are changed accordingly.
If you change the auto-payment date to a future date after the start date has already occurred, a prorated amount will be charged on the new date. After that date, the payments resume as normal. For example, a client purchases and pays for a membership on July 1. The membership auto-renews at the beginning of each month. A staff member then changes the auto-payment date to the 10th of each month. The membership remains active from July 1 to 10, with a prorated amount charged for that time on July 10. The membership will be active from July 10 to August 10, when the entire membership fee will be charged again.
To stop the prorated amount from being charged, you must also adjust the payment schedule for the membership.
For information about adjusting the billing date at the point of sale, see Setting a membership start date from the shopping cart.
To change a membership billing date:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click the Search button , and enter the client’s information in the box. You can enter the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID.
- In the list of clients displayed, click the client’s name.
- On the side menu, click Account.
- On the Account menu, click Passes & Memberships.
- In the list, find the membership you want to modify. You may have to browse the list, use the Search option, or filter the list to find the membership.
- Under the Action column of the membership, click the Action button and select Edit Purchase Option.
- In General Information, under Auto-payments every, select the date that you want auto-renew payments to be billed to the client.
- Click SAVE FOR [CLIENT NAME]. The billing date is changed.
- To skip the automatic prorated payment:
- Under the Action column of the membership, click the Action button and select Payment Schedule.
- Click Payment Schedule.
- Under the Action column, click Skip. The prorated amount will not be charged.