Clients can be manually or automatically assigned a client type when they purchase a session pass or membership. Each client type falls under a specific client type category. If a client is eligible to be listed as multiple client types, only the client type with the highest priority will be associated with the client. When you create a new client type, the new client type will be listed as the highest priority by default.
The priority of a client type is important when you are merging two client profiles. This is because only the client profile with the higher priority client type will be retained after merging.
By default, your business will have the following client type categories, ordered by priority as shown in the list below:
- Member Types – Clients who have purchased memberships.
- Pass Holder Types – Clients who have purchase time-based or session-based passes.
- Prospect Types – Clients who have not purchased any passes or memberships.
For example, if a client has a membership that marks them as an Active Member and a session pass that marks them as an Active Pass Holder, the client will be listed as an Active Member because Member Types are prioritized over Pass Holder Types
To change the priority of a client type:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click View All.
- In the list, click Setup. You can filter the list by entering Setup into the Search field.
- On the Setup menu, click Clients.
- On the Clients menu, click Client Types.
- Under Pass Holder Types, Member Types, or Prospect Types, set the client type’s priority:
- To increase the priority of a client type, click the Move up button .
- To decrease the priority of a client type, click the Move down button .