When your clients purchase a session pass or a membership, the system automatically assigns a client type to their profile. Client types are a useful tool that allows you to organize and manage your clients. You can use client types to filter reports and the client list, offer a product, service, or discount, and send notifications, marketing campaigns, or announcements to a specific group of clients. By default, WellnessLiving has the following client types:
- Active Pass Holder –Clients who have purchased time-based or session-based passes.
- Inactive Pass Holder – Clients whose time-based or session-based passes have expired.
- Active Member – Clients who have purchased memberships.
- Inactive Member – Clients whose memberships have expired.
- Prospect – Clients who have not purchased any passes or memberships.
Each client type has an assigned icon. These icons appear next to any client listing and in client profiles for quick visual identification.
When managing client types, keep the following information in mind:
- When you add a new client to the system, the client type in the client’s profile is set to Prospect until the client purchases a pass or membership.
- Each client can only be assigned one client type at a time. If a client is eligible to be listed as multiple client types, only the client type with the highest priority will be associated with the client. For more information, see Changing the priority of a client type.
- Client types should not be confused with client groups. Client types indicate the status of a client based on the current state of their latest pass or membership whereas client groups are manually assigned and can be created for any situation such as a group for a specific class, a group for first-time visitors, or a group for email marketing.