A custom email template is a type of automated marketing campaign that can be created to engage existing and prospective clients, increasing both retention and conversion rates. After you create an email template, you can send the email message to an individual client, or a group of clients; templates can be modified before being sent to clients.
You can manually send these emails to the clients who meet the conditions you designate at the time you choose.
To create or modify a custom email template:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Marketing.
- On the Marketing menu, click hidden.
- On the hidden menu, click hidden.
- Under Custom Email Templates:
- To create a new custom email template, click ADD at the bottom of the list.
- To modify an existing template, click the Edit this template button .
- Under TEMPLATE INFORMATION, configure the following:
- Under Template Name, enter a name for the email template. This is not a required field. If you do not enter a name, the default name of the marketing campaign will be used.
- Under Description, enter a description for the email template. This is not a required field. If you do not enter a description, the default description of the marketing campaign will be used.
- On the Edit Custom Email Templates page, under SETUP, configure the following:
- To send this campaign to only specific client types, set the Send only to specific Client Types option to ON, and then set each client type option to which you want to send the email to ON.
- To send this campaign to only specific client groups, set the Send only to specific Client Groups option to ON, and then set each client group option to which you want to send the email to ON.
- Under Compose email, configure the email content. For more information, see Automated email template settings.
- Under Email content, enter the body of the email message.
- Click View email variables to display a list of variables that can be used in your template. To add a variable to your template, click the copy button next to a variable, then paste it in the Email content field. For more information, see Email variables.
- To add an image to the email message:
- Copy the URL of the image you want to add. You can only add images that are hosted online.
- Under Email content, click where you want to insert the image.
- Click the Insert/edit image button . The Insert/Edit Image dialog box is displayed.
- Under Source, paste the URL of the image.
- Under Alternative description, provide a description of the image. The description will be displayed instead of the image for recipients who prevent their emails from displaying images.
- Under Width and Height, enter the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the image in pixels, if desired.
- Set the Constrain proportions option to Locked if you want the system to maintain the horizontal to vertical proportion when you resize the image.
- Set the Constrain proportions option to Unlocked if you want to modify the dimensions freely.
- Click Save.
- To customize the source code of the email template:
- Click the Source code button .
- Click Save.
- To activate the campaign, at the top of the page, set the ACTIVATE EMAIL option to ON.
- Click SAVE. A confirmation popup is displayed prior to accepting any changes in situations where clients will be impacted by email send rule changes.
- If no clients are impacted, no option is displayed at the bottom of the popup. Click OK.
- If any clients are impacted by changes to the email send rules, the Send email to affected clients option is displayed at the bottom of the popup. To send the email to affected clients immediately, set the option to ON, then click OK.