A custom email template is a type of automated marketing campaign that can be created to engage existing and prospective clients, increasing both retention and conversion rates. After you create an email template, you can send the email message to an individual client, or a group of clients; templates can be modified before being sent to clients.
To send a SMS message or push notification with this campaign, see Sending a SMS message or push notification with an automated marketing campaign.
To create or modify a custom email template:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Marketing.
- On the Marketing menu, click hidden.
- On the hidden menu, click hidden.
- Under Custom Email Templates:
- To create a new custom email template, click ADD at the bottom of the list.
- To modify an existing template, click the Edit this template button .
- On the Edit Custom Email Templates page, under Setup, configure the following:
- To send this campaign to only specific client types, set the Send only to specific Client Types option to ON, and then set each client type option to which you want to send the email to ON.
- To send this campaign to only specific client groups, set the Send only to specific Client Groups option to ON, and then set each client group option to which you want to send the email to ON.
- Under Compose Email, configure the email content. For more information, see Automated email template settings.
- Under Email Content, enter the body of the email message.
- For information on how to use variables in the email message, see Email variables.
- To add an image to the email message:
- Copy the URL of the image you want to add. You can only add images that are hosted online.
- Under Email Content, right-click where you want to insert the image.
- On the context menu, click Image. The Insert/edit image dialog box is displayed.
- Next to Source, paste the URL of the image.
- Next to Image Description, provide a description of the image. The description will be displayed instead of the image for recipients who prevent their emails from displaying images.
- Next to Dimensions, enter the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the image in pixels, if desired. Select the Constrain proportions checkbox if you want the system to maintain the horizontal to vertical proportion when you resize the image. Clear the checkbox if you want to modify the dimensions freely.
- Click Ok.
- To activate the custom email template, at the top of the page, set the ACTIVATE EMAIL option to ON.
- Click SAVE.