Introductory offers are used to entice new or prospective clients to visit your business and try your services through lucrative deals. You can provide introductory offers to new or prospective clients through purchase options or Groupon deals. To learn how to create a Groupon deal, see Creating or modifying a Groupon deal.
There are special restrictions in the store for introductory offers:
- Clients can only purchase or redeem one introductory offer per client profile. An error message will appear when a client attempts to add more than one introductory offer to their cart.
- If a staff member attempts to add an introductory offer to the cart for a client who is not a prospect, a warning message is displayed. The staff member must confirm whether the introductory offer should be added to the cart before they can proceed with the sale.
To create an introductory offer for a purchase option:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click View All.
- In the list, click Setup. You can filter the list by entering Setup into the Search field.
- On the Setup menu, click Store Configuration.
- On the Store Configuration menu, click Purchase Options.
- On the Purchase Options page, create a new purchase option separately for your introductory offer.
- Under Purchase Restrictions in Advanced Settings, select Introductory offer for new clients only.
- Click SAVE.