You can create, modify, or duplicate different memberships to offer specific memberships to your clients through WellnessLiving. After creating and selling a membership, you can modify its settings, affecting previously sold versions of that membership, or you can modify an individual client’s membership.
Modifying a membership’s settings may result in changes to the payment schedule of previously sold versions of that membership. Be sure to review the payment schedule for all modified memberships and make any necessary adjustments. Membership settings that affect a payment schedule include:
- Starting date
- Frequency of payments
When creating or modifying a membership, keep in mind the following information:
- A membership can’t be created using the same name as an existing membership. If you want to name a new membership using the same name as a deactivated membership, we recommend that you change the name of the deactivated membership.
- Modifying a membership’s auto-payment date won’t affect clients who have already purchased that membership.
- Individually customized memberships won’t be affected by certain changes. To learn more about the rules governing Purchase Option modifications, see Modifying a Purchase Option.
- If you modify an imported membership that has a fixed payment schedule, an affected client’s upcoming payments won’t be automatically recalculated. You must adjust the client’s payment schedule from their profile page, using the Reset to previous prices For more information, see Viewing or adjusting a client’s membership payment schedule.
- When you duplicate a membership, its Purchase Option Service Category is inherited from the original membership and can’t be modified. To change the Purchase Option Service Category, you must create a new membership. However, if an error in the duplicated membership requires you to make changes to the settings, such as creating a new barcode, then you’ll be able to change the Purchase Option Service Category.
- If you change the client type selected under Client Type or Member Type of a Purchase Option that has been sold to clients, clients who already own that Purchase Option won’t have their client type changed automatically. Their client type will only change when a new Purchase Option is purchased or when the Purchase Option auto-renews.
To create, modify, or duplicate a membership:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click View All.
- In the list, click Setup. You can filter the list by entering Setup into the Search field.
- On the Setup menu, click Store Configuration.
- On the Store Configuration menu, click Purchase Options.
- On the Purchase Options page, create, modify, or duplicate a membership:
- To create a new membership, click Create Membership.
- To modify an existing membership, click the membership you want to modify in the list. You may have to browse the list
, use the Search option,or filter the list to find the membership. Active memberships that haven’t expired are displayed in purple, while inactive and expired memberships are displayed in gray.
- To learn how to add or remove a service from an existing Purchase Option, see Adding or removing a service from an existing Purchase Option.
- To duplicate an existing membership, click the membership you want to duplicate. You may have to browse the list
, use the Search option,or filter the list to find the membership. On the bottom-right, click Duplicate. The membership is duplicated and named Copy of [name of existing membership]. On the Purchase Options page, click the duplicate membership to modify its settings.
- Under Purchase Option Service Category, select the type of service to be offered by the membership. Service types include Appointments, Class/Events, Assets, Gym visits, FitVID Videos, and Account tab. Only one service type can be chosen for a membership.
- Account tab memberships add monetary value to a client’s account balance each membership period.
- Enter or change the details and settings of the membership. For more information, see Membership general information settings and Membership advanced settings.
- Click SAVE.