Class announcements are a type of automated marketing campaign that can be created, customized, and used to notify your clients when you schedule a new Class.
These emails will be sent to clients who have previously registered for a Class after you schedule another session of that Class.
To create or modify a class announcement:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Marketing.
- On the Marketing menu, click hidden.
- On the hidden menu, click hidden.
- Under Class Announcement:
- To create a new class announcement template, click Add at the bottom of the list.
- To modify an existing class announcement template, click the Edit this template button .
- Under Template Information, configure the following:
- Under TEMPLATE NAME, enter a name for the email template. This is not a required field. If you do not enter a name, the default name of the marketing campaign will be used.
- Under DESCRIPTION, enter a description for the email template. This is not a required field. If you do not enter a description, the default description of the marketing campaign will be used.
- Under EMAIL SEND RULES, configure the following:
- Type a number in the Send notification box and select minute, hours, or day, from the list to define how much time should pass after a Class is scheduled before the email is triggered. In the after [Class] is scheduled list, you can select Any Class, or you can select a specific Class that will trigger the email.
- To cancel the campaign when a client attends another service, set the Stop sending this campaign when the client Visits another service option to ON.
- To send this campaign to only specific client types, set the Send only to specific Client Types option to ON, and then set each client type to which you want to send the campaign to ON.
- To send this campaign to only specific client groups, set the Send only to specific Client Groups option to ON, and then set each client group to which you want to send the campaign to ON.
- If you have selected a client type and a client group, the email will send only to clients who fall under both categories.
- Under Compose Email, configure the email content.
- For information on how to use variables in the email message, see Email variables.
- To add an image to the email message:
- Copy the URL of the image you want to add. You can only add images that are hosted online.
- Under Email Content, right-click where you want to insert the image.
- On the context menu, click Image. The Insert/edit image dialog box is displayed.
- Next to Source, paste the URL of the image.
- Next to Image description, provide a description of the image. The description will be displayed instead of the image for recipients who prevent their emails from displaying images.
- Next to Dimensions, enter the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the image in pixels, if desired. Select the Constrain proportions checkbox if you want the system to maintain the horizontal to vertical proportion when you resize the image. Clear the checkbox if you want to modify the dimensions freely.
- Click Ok.
- Under Email Content, provide the body of the email message. For information on how to use variables in the email message, see Email variables.
- To activate the campaign, at the top of the page, set the ACTIVATE EMAIL option to ON.
- Click SAVE. The class announcement is created.