All businesses who want to publish an iOS app are required to enroll in the Apple Developer Program. This article describes the process of enrolling in the Apple Developer Program as an organization. To enroll in the Apple Developer Program, you will need to pay a $99 (USD) annual publisher fee charged by Apple. For information on app fees charged by WellnessLiving see Achieve Client App: White Label Fees.
In this article:
Requirements to enroll in the Apple Developer Program:
- An Apple device, such as an iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer to complete Apple’s two-factor authentication process. Apple requires two-factor authentication for all Apple IDs and requires Developer Account Holders to sign in to their Apple Developer account using two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication is built directly into iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, and Apple websites which all require an Apple device such as an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 and later, or a Mac with OS X El Capitan or later. See, Apple’s Support: Two-Factor Authentication to learn how to set up two-factor authentication on your Apple device.
- An Apple ID. If you already have an Apple ID associated with your business email address you do not need to complete this step. Be aware that creating an Apple ID is not the same as creating an Apple Developer account. Follow this link to learn how to create your Apple ID. This Apple ID must be different from your personal Apple ID; Apple will use the email address associated with the Apple ID to bill the annual $99 (USD) publisher fee and email you app updates.
- A business domain email address. You must provide a private email domain name (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org). You cannot use Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, or any other email addresses from common email service providers.
- D-U-N-S® Number. A D-U-N-S Number is a unique numeric identifier assigned to a business by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). It is used by Apple to validate your business’s identity and legal status. You cannot enroll in the Apple Developer Program without a D-U-N-S Number. Your organization’s legal entity name must match its entry in the D-U-N-S lookup. Before enrolling into the developer program, you can use the D-U-N-S look up tool to see if you already have a D-U-N-S lookup by logging in with your business’s Apple ID. If you don’t have a D-U-N-S Number, request a D-U-N-S Number. Make sure you have your business registration documents ready for D&B’s verification process.
- A business website URL. Your organization’s publicly available website with a domain name associated with your organization.
- Enrollment in the Apple Developer Program. After you have created your Apple ID and received your D-U-N-S Number, you can enroll into the Apple Developer Program. See Enrolling into the Apple Developer Program to complete this step.
- Confirmation and payment for your Apple Developer Program membership. You can complete this step via the confirmation email Apple sends once you have successfully enrolled. You will need to pay a $99 (USD) annual publisher fee charged by Apple. We suggest selecting automatic renewal payments to avoid app service disruption.
- An invitation to your App Store Connect for WellnessLiving. After you have successfully enrolled in the Apple Developer Program, invite WellnessLiving to your App Store Connect so we can generate app certificates, create your app, and update your app.
Enrolling in the Apple Developer Program:
- Go to the Apple Developer Program enrollment page and click Start Your Enrollment.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- When prompted to verify your identity, enter the verification code sent to your Apple ID email address and click Continue.
- From the Entity Type list, select Company/Organization and click Continue.
- Under Authority to Sign Legal Agreements, select the appropriate option:
- I am the owner/founder and have the authority to bind my organization to legal agreements – Upon selection, Your Work Email field will be displayed. Enter your business email address; you must use a private domain name (e.g., email@example.com). You cannot use Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, or any other email addresses from common email service providers.
- My organization has given me the authority to bind it to legal agreements – Apple will contact a senior employee at your organization to confirm enrollment. Under Verification Contact enter the employee’s contact information.
- Under Organization Information, enter the information for your organization:
- In the Legal Entity Name field, enter the name of your business as it appears in the D-U-N-S lookup. Your enrollment will not be successful if the legal entity name does not match the one in the D&B profile.
- In the D-U-N-S Number field, enter the nine-digit D-U-N-S number assigned to your business. For more information on retrieving your D-U-N-S Number, see What is a D-U-N-S Number?
- In the Website field, enter the website URL of your organization’s publicly available website with a domain name associated with your organization.
- In the Headquarters Phone field, enter a phone number where Apple can reach you to confirm enrollment. Apple will call the number provided in this field to verify your enrollment.
- You can leave the Tax ID/National ID field blank.
- Type the correct characters in the CAPTCHA and click Continue.
- If you receive an error message under the Legal Entity Name field, click update your D&B profile and submit your business’s information. You may continue this procedure once your profile has been updated.
- On the Summary for Review page, review and confirm the information. Select the This is the correct headquarters address for my organization checkbox and click Submit.
- When you receive an Apple email with the subject line “Your program enrollment has been received”, forward this email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After submitting your application, Apple will contact you to verify your enrollment. A confirmation email will be sent to your Apple ID email address with a link enclosed to confirm and pay for your developer membership. The $99 (USD) membership is billed annually.
To invite WellnessLiving to your App Store Connect:
- Go to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/login
- Log in with your Apple Developer account information.
- On the App Store Connect home page, click Users and Access.
- Click the Add button .
- In the popup, enter the following information and click Next.
- First Name: Achieve
- Last Name: WellnessLiving
- Email: email@example.com
- Under Roles, select the Admin checkbox.
- Under Developer Resources, select the Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles checkbox.
- Click Invite.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to enroll in the Apple Developer Program?
To enroll in the Apple Developer Program, you will need to pay a $99 (USD) annual publisher fee charged by Apple. We strongly suggest you sign up for automatic renewal payments to prevent app service disruption.
What is a D-U-N-S number?
The Data Universal Numbering System (D-U-N-S Number) is a unique nine-digit number that identifies business entities on a location specific basis. The D-U-N-S Number is widely used as a standard business identifier and is assigned and maintained by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). You can use the D-U-N-S look up tool to see if you have a D-U-N-S lookup by logging in using your business’s Apple ID. If you don’t have a D-U-N-S Number, follow this link to learn how to request a D-U-N-S Number.
You will be asked for the following information when requesting a D-U-N-S Number using the D-U-N-S Number look up tool:
- Legal entity name
- Headquarters address
- Mailing address
- Your work contact information
As part of their verification process, a D&B representative may contact you directly for more information (e.g., type of business, number of employees). Please have your business registration documents ready.
Visit Apple Support for more information on D-U-N-S Number.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact our Achieve Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org you can expect a reply in 1-2 business days.