If a client’s membership is canceled by mistake, you will have to follow one of two procedures:
- If the duration of this membership was one month or shorter, you will have to resell the membership to the client and prorate the first payment to match the payment schedule of the client’s old membership. To learn how to complete these steps, see Prorating membership payment.
- If the duration of this membership was longer than one month, you will have to sell the client a new, backdated membership for $0, and then go into their client profile and change the price back to its original value. To learn how to complete these steps, see the procedure below.
- By backdating the membership, you are ensuring that the duration of the new contract does not exceed the original duration.
- By setting the sale price to $0 at checkout and then changing it back to the original price once the membership has been sold, you are ensuring the client is not charged for past payment periods.
NoteFollowing the procedure below will result in a customized Purchase Option. Customized Purchase Options are not automatically updated with any changes made to the Purchase Option they are based on. Any changes will need to be applied to these customized Purchase Options manually.
To resell a canceled membership longer than one month:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click the Search button , and enter the client’s information in the box. You can enter the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID.
- In the list of clients displayed, click the client’s name.
- On the Overview page, click MAKE A Purchase.
- Under Products and Services, search for and select the membership you want to purchase, and then click Add to cart.
- In the cart, click the Options button and select Edit Details from the list.
- In the START ON box, enter the date on which the original cancelled membership began.
- In the cart, set the total sale price to $0.00.
- Click Proceed to Checkout.
- Click Complete.
- Because you set the price to $0.00, there will be no prompt to pay.
- Click Go to client profile.
- In the side menu, click Account.
- On the Account menu, click Passes & Memberships.
- In the list, find the membership you want to modify. You may have to browse the list, use the Search option, or filter the list to find the membership.
- Under the Action column of the membership, click the Action button and select Edit Purchase Option.
- In General Information, under Price, enter the original monthly price of the membership.
- Click SAVE FOR [CLIENT NAME].