Gift cards are a type of non-taxable voucher that can be sold in your store, through the Client Web App, the Elevate Staff App, the Achieve Client App, or a Presence custom website. After a gift card is sold, it can’t be refunded. When a gift card is used to pay for a purchase, it will be indicated under the NOTE column of a client’s account balance history.
The types of gift cards you can offer include:
- Gift cards with set dollar values — You can create and sell gift cards with prepaid dollar amounts (such as $10, $25, $50). You can also allow staff and clients to set a custom dollar amount for a gift card at checkout.
- Gift cards with set services and products — You can create and sell a variety of gift cards with a combination of predefined services and products. For example, you can create a Personal Day gift card that includes a 30-minute facial, a 30-minute massage, and a smoothie.
- QUICK gift cards — You can create a gift card with any combination of Purchase Options and products available in the store.
- Custom dollar values can’t be added to gift cards sold through a Presence website. Clients who want to purchase dollar gift cards with custom values can use the Client Web App or the Achieve Client App.
- Clients don’t pay tax when they buy gift cards. This is because tax is applied when they use their gift cards to buy products or Purchase Options.
- Staff members and clients cannot load new dollar amounts onto gift cards that have already been sold to clients.
- Selling a gift card
- Selling a QUICK gift card
- Printing a gift card
- Client Web App: Printing a gift card
- Deactivating or deleting a gift card
- Redeeming a gift card
- Client Web App: Redeeming a gift card
- Elevate Staff App: Selling a gift card
- Sharing a direct buy URL
- Gift Cards Report
- Ordering a custom gift card
- FAQ: How can my clients use multiple gift cards when making a purchase?