A client will be marked as a late cancel if they cancel a booked service outside of the early cancellation window for that service. By default, the early cancellation window for all services closes 24 hours before the service start time.
When a client is marked as a late cancel, they’ll have to pay the session fee as if they attended the session. Purchase Options and other prepaid methods won’t be refunded to a client marked as a late cancel. If a client books a service unpaid and is marked as a late cancel, you’ll need to charge their account manually by debiting their account balance for the cost of the session.
Staff members who have the appropriate staff role permissions can customize late cancellation settings:
- To set an early cancellation window for your business or to configure penalties for clients with frequent late cancellations, see Setting up your business policies.
- To set early cancellation windows for specific appointments, classes, or events, see Customizing business policies for individual services.
When marking a client as late cancel, keep the following information in mind:
- If you cancel a service for a client after the early cancellation window has closed, you can mark the client as Early Cancel. For more information, see Changing a client’s attendance record.
- If a staff member books an appointment after the early cancellation window has closed, a late cancel won’t be applied regardless of cancellation time. For example, if the early cancellation window closes 24 hours before the appointment time and a staff member books an appointment 20 hours before the appointment occurs, the appointment can be canceled by the client without penalty. However, if the appointment is booked 25 hours before the appointment occurs and the client cancels it less than 24 hours before the appointment time, a late cancel will be applied.
- If a client booked a service through ClassPass and a staff member cancels the service after the early cancellation window has closed, the client may be charged a late cancellation fee. If the cancellation policies in ClassPass don’t match your business policy settings in WellnessLiving, the settings in ClassPass will be applied. For more information, see Troubleshooting: Late cancel policies incorrectly applied to customers canceling though ClassPass.