You can sell products, packages, Purchase Options, Events or gift cards to clients by accessing your store. Additionally, you can apply adjustments and discounts (such as quantity or cost adjustments, discount codes, and percentage and dollar discounts) to items in the shopping cart.
Shopping carts will automatically save per client. For example, if you add three items to a client’s shopping cart and then select a new client, an empty shopping cart for the new client will be displayed. However, if you go back to the original client, you will see the three items still in their shopping cart. Six client shopping carts can be saved at any given time, as well as one walk-in shopping cart. Saved shopping carts will be cleared when you log out of WellnessLiving.
To add a gift card to the shopping cart, you will have to perform additional actions. For more information, see Selling a gift card.
To make a sale:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Store.
- On the Store menu, click hidden.
- On the hidden menu, click hidden.
- Under Location, select the location to which the sale should be assigned. This option is only available if the Staff members must select a location at checkout store setting is turned on. If this option is not available, the sale will automatically be assigned to the location you are currently signed in to.
- Select the client to whom you are making the sale in one of the following ways:
- To select an existing client, in the SEARCH OR ADD CUSTOMER box, type the client’s name, and then select the client.
- To create a new client, click Add Client to create a new client profile, and then select the client.
- To make the sale anonymously (i.e., without associating it with a client profile), click Walk-In.
- Under Products and Services, search for and select the item you want to sell, and then click Add to cart. If you are using a barcode scanner, you can also scan the product you want to sell to add it the cart.
- Add other items to the shopping cart, as required.
- Apply any changes to items in the shopping cart. For more information, see Managing items in the shopping cart.
- To remove all items in your shopping cart, click CLEAR CART. In the confirmation popup, click YES.
- Click Proceed to Checkout.
- Select each payment method the client wants to use (e.g., Virtual Terminal, Card Swiper, Cash). In most cases, the total payment is split between the selected payment methods equally, but you can adjust the amounts as required. If you select Gift Cards, you must enter the required code, and the amount on the gift card will be entered automatically.
- Click Complete. The sale is complete.