WellnessLiving’s Message Center allows your clients and staff members to engage in end-to-end conversations using SMS text messages. You’ll be allotted a specific number of messages to use depending on your Message Center subscription plan. Each outbound message sent to a client from your business counts as one message. Likewise, each message that a client sends to your business also counts as one message.
Clients must have a valid cell phone number under the CELL PHONE field on their Profile Details page to receive an SMS message. You can review your clients’ contact details in the All Clients Report and if necessary, change a client’s cell phone number by modifying a client’s profile details.
After enabling Message Center, you’ll also be prompted to choose a local number that’ll be used to send and receive SMS messages with your clients. You must select one of the numbers suggested by the system. You can’t use your business phone number or any personal number for this purpose. If you previously set up a number for 2-way SMS, you don’t have to set up a new number for Message Center.
When using Message Center, keep the following information in mind:
- Message Center is currently only available to businesses in the US, Canada, and the UK. Businesses based in the British Isles outside of the UK can register for Message Center using a mainland UK phone number.
- If you change the phone number for your SMS messages, any responses to a message sent using the original phone number won’t be sent to your business.
- WellnessLiving uses Twilio to provide SMS messaging. This service allows you to send SMS messages to clients in other countries. However, you may not receive incoming SMS messages from clients if they use a number from a different country than where your business is located. For more information, see Twilio international phone number availability and their capabilities on the Twilio Help Center.
- You can customize your Top Nav Bar to include the Message button, which will display the number of unread messages from your clients.
- If a client replies to a business’s SMS message with keywords such as STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END, or QUIT, the client will be unsubscribed from future SMS messages from the business, even if SMS notifications are enabled on the backend. To resubscribe to the business, the client must reply to the business with either START, YES, or UNSTOP.
For information about Message Center, see the following articles:
- Enabling Message Center
- Message Center: Subscription plans and fees
- Managing a conversation in Message Center
- FAQ: Message Center
For information about creating and sending SMS messages, see the following articles:
- Types of SMS messaging
- SMS character limit
- Customizing automated notifications
- Contacting an individual client
- Contacting a group of clients
- FAQ: How is my business being charged for my SMS messages
For information about tracking SMS history, see the following articles: