Staff members can perform a cash closeout through WellnessLiving. Staff members will be directed to a page where they can record the total from their till and then review and complete the cash out. To view or modify a cash closeout report, see Cash Closeout Report.
To perform a cash closeout:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Store.
- On the Store menu, click hidden.
- On the hidden menu, click hidden.
- Click the More button in the store’s top right corner and select Cash Closeout.
- Count the cash in your till and input the amounts for each denomination in the appropriate text box.
- Click NEXT.
- Review the information in each row as follows:
- Last Cash Count displays the final balance from the previous cash closeout for this location, along with the date for that entry.
- Cash Sales Through shows the total of the cash-paying sales that you have made through your store since the last cash count, along with the date for this entry.
- The Cash Balance will show you how much cash you should currently have in the till by totaling the previous two categories.
- Actual Cash Counted will show you the total amount in your till entered in step (4).
- Check whether the total was Over/Short to see if your cash has been properly accounted for. If there is a notable disparity, you may want to recount your register or check your receipts.
- Enter the amount you will be removing from the till for deposit into the Cash for Deposits field.
- Ending Cash Balance shows the total balance remaining in your till for after cash closeout. This is calculated by subtracting the actual cash counted by the ending cash balance.
- Click COMPLETE.