Staff members can perform a cash closeout through WellnessLiving. Staff members will be directed to a page where they can record the total from their till and then review and complete the cash out.
NoteOnly staff members with the proper staff role permissions can perform cash closeouts. For more information, see Staff role permissions.
NoteA staff member can only perform a cash closeout for the home location specified in the staff member’s profile.
To perform a cash closeout:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Store.
- Click the More button in the store’s top right corner and select Cash Closeout.
- Count the cash in your till and input the amounts for each denomination in the appropriate text box.
- Click NEXT.
- Review the information in each row as follows:
- Last Cash Count displays the final balance from the previous cash closeout for this location, along with the date for that entry.
- Cash Sales Through shows the total of the cash-paying sales that you have made through your store since the last cash count, along with the date for this entry.
- The Cash Balance will show you how much cash you should currently have in the till by totaling the previous two categories.
- Actual Cash Counted will show you the total amount in your till entered in step (4).
- Check whether the total was Over/Short to see if your cash has been properly accounted for. If there is a notable disparity, you may want to recount your register or check your receipts.
- Enter the amount you will be removing from the till for deposit into the Cash for Deposits field.
- Ending Cash Balance shows the total balance remaining in your till for after cash closeout. This is calculated by subtracting the actual cash counted by the ending cash balance.
- Click COMPLETE.