You can place a client’s membership on hold if they are unable to visit your business for an extended period of time due to an injury, illness, travel plans, etc. A hold will suspend the membership for a specified time period. When you are creating or modifying a membership, you can choose one of three membership hold rules in the membership advanced settings: Classic, Prorate, or Continue Billing. Once this is configured, this hold rule is applied when you put the membership on hold for any clients. For more information, see Membership hold rules.
To place a mass hold on selected memberships, see Placing a mass hold on memberships.
After a membership has been placed on hold, you can modify or delete the hold on the membership at any time. For more information, see Modifying or deleting a hold on a membership.
When you add or modify a hold that will occur in the future, the effect the hold would have had on the payment schedule is applied to the scheduled payment for the payment period the hold is placed in.
Additionally, if a hold is removed on the day of a scheduled payment and a staff member attempts to manually charge the client for the membership, the client will be charged twice. If you are removing a hold on the day of a scheduled payment, we recommend allowing the system to charge the client automatically.
To place a membership on hold:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click the Search button , and enter the client’s information in the box. You can enter the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID.
- In the list of clients displayed, click the client’s name.
- On the side menu, click Account.
- On the Account menu, click Passes & Memberships.
- In the list, find the membership you want to put on hold. You may have to browse the list, use the Search option, or filter the list to find the membership.
- Under the Action column of the membership, click the Action button and select Put on hold.
- Next to From, select the start date and end date of the hold, or select the Place On-hold indefinitely option if you do not want to set an end date.
- If required, click the NOTES field and add a note.
- Click SUBMIT. The membership is placed on hold and cannot be used during this time.