You can place a client’s membership on hold if they are unable to visit your business for an extended period for reasons such as an injury, illness, or travel plans. A hold will suspend the membership for the specified amount of time. When you are creating or modifying a membership, you can choose one of three membership hold rules in the membership advanced settings: Classic, Prorate, or Continue Billing. Once this is configured, this hold rule is applied when you place the membership on hold for any clients. For more information, see Membership hold rules.
Only staff members can place a membership on hold. Clients must contact the business to request a hold on their membership. Staff members must be assigned to a staff role with the Edit passes and membership permission to place a membership on hold. For more information, see Staff role permissions.
To place a mass hold on selected memberships, see Placing a mass hold on memberships.
After a membership has been placed on hold, you can modify or delete the hold on the membership at any time. For more information, see Modifying or deleting a hold on a membership.
When placing a hold on a membership, keep the following information in mind:
- When you add or modify a hold that occurred in the past, the effect the hold would have had on the payment schedule is applied to the next scheduled payment. When you add or modify a hold that will occur in the future, the effect the hold would have had on the payment schedule is applied to the scheduled payment for the payment period on which the hold is placed.
- If a membership is set to terminate and convert on a date that occurs while the membership is on hold, the membership will terminate but won’t convert.
- When a membership with rollover enabled is placed on hold, it does not accumulate sessions during the hold period.
- Our system charges clients at 12:00 a.m. on the day of their scheduled payment. If a client requests a hold on the same day as their scheduled payment, they will still be billed that day. Additionally, if a hold is removed on the day of a scheduled payment and a staff member attempts to manually charge the client for the membership, the client will be charged twice. If you are removing a hold on the day of a scheduled payment, we recommend allowing the system to charge the client automatically.
- You can’t cancel a membership if it is currently on hold. To cancel the membership, wait until the hold period ends or remove the hold. For more information, see Modifying or deleting a hold on a membership.
To place a membership on hold:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click the Search button , and enter the client’s information in the box. You can enter the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID.
- In the list of clients displayed, click the client’s name.
- On the side menu, click Account.
- On the Account menu, click Passes & Memberships.
- In the list, find the membership you want to place on hold. You may have to browse the list
, use the Search option,or filter the list to find the membership.
- Under the Action column of the membership, click the Action button and select Put on hold.
- Set the duration of the hold period:
- Next to Hold from, select the start date and end date of the hold.
- If you don’t want to set an end date, select Place hold indefinitely.
- If required, click the NOTES field and add a note. Notes are limited to 127 characters.
- Click SUBMIT. The membership will be placed on hold and can’t be used during the selected date range.