You can print the barcodes for any Purchase Option or product in your business from the Inventory On Hand Report. To print a barcode label, you must first use the DYMO Label software to create a barcode label design. Once the design is finished, you can export the Inventory On Hand Report from WellnessLiving as either a .CSV or Excel file. The final step is to import the file into the DYMO Label software and print your barcode labels.
To perform these actions, you will need:
- A DYMO LabelWriter® 400 or 450 Turbo
- Microsoft Excel or a compatible spreadsheet application
- DYMO Label v.8 software
Staff members can use a printed sheet of barcodes at the point of sale to quickly access and scan barcodes for items instead of scanning the barcode on the item during checkout.
In this article:
To create a barcode label design:
- Open the DYMO Label v.8 software.
- Click the Labels tab on the left side of the screen, click Shelving 25mm x 89mm, and then select the blank label.
- Click the Insert tab then drag and drop Barcode to the blank design.
- Double click the inserted barcode.
- In the popup window, select Code 128 Auto from the Barcode type list, and then click OK.
- On the side menu, under the Insert tab, drag and drop text boxes onto the barcode design for each value you want to include on the printed barcode (e.g., Product Name, Cost, Location, etc.).
- On the Insert side menu, under Clip Art, scroll down to find your currency symbol (e.g., $).
- Drag and drop the currency symbol onto the barcode design next to the text field that will contain the price of the item.
- On the top menu, click File, select Save As, and enter a name for your barcode label design. You will be able to open the design any time you need to print new barcode labels.
To export the Inventory On Hand Report:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Reports.
- On the Reports menu, click Sales.
- On the Sales menu, click Inventory On Hand. The Inventory On Hand Report is displayed.
- Click Export and select the file format to which you want to export the report. Both CSV and Excel file formats can be imported to the DYMO Label software. To learn more, see Exporting a report.
- Save this document in an easily accessible location.
To print a barcode label:
- Open the DYMO Label v.8 software. At this stage, please ensure that your DYMO printer is connected to your computer.
- On the top menu, click Open, and select your saved barcode label design.
- On the top menu, click File, select Import Data and Print, and then select New. The import data and print wizard is displayed.
- On the Select Data File and Label Layout page, click Browse, select your exported Inventory On Hand Report file, then click Next.
- On the Arrange Data Fields on the Label Layout page, under Data fields, select the Use first row as field names checkbox.
- Drag and drop each data field you want displayed on the label into the appropriate box on the label design.
- If you are using Windows, delete the small blue dot at the end of each data field and click Next.
- On the Select Data to Print page, select the checkbox next to each barcode you want to print.
- Click Print. Your barcode labels will be printed from your DYMO LabelWriter.
To print multiple barcode labels for the same barcode:
- To print multiple barcode labels by modifying the Inventory On Hand Report:
- If you have not already, create a barcode label design.
- Complete steps 1-6 in To export the Inventory On Hand Report.
- Open the document, then copy the row that includes the barcode information.
- Paste the information in new rows. The number of rows should reflect the number of copies that you want to print.
- Print your barcode labels as usual by following the instructions in To print a barcode label.
- To print multiple barcode labels by modifying your barcode label:
- Complete steps 1-8 in To create a barcode label design.
- Click the items in the preview window to enter the appropriate information, such as name, price, and barcode number.
- If you want to reuse this design, on the top menu, click File, select Save As, and enter a name for your barcode label design.
- Under Number of copies, enter the number of copies you want to print, then click Print. Your barcode labels will be printed from your DYMO LabelWriter.