A Purchase Option, such as membership or session pass, can be set to automatically convert to a different Purchase Option when the original one expires. For example, if you require a minimum 3-month membership commitment from your clients, you can choose to sell a 3-month membership, and after the 3-month period, automatically convert to a month-to-month membership for the client.
Purchase Options can only convert into other Purchase Options of the same type (i.e., memberships can only convert into memberships and session passes can only convert into session passes).
For more information on prorating memberships, see Prorating membership payment.
To set up Purchase Option conversion:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Setup.
- On the Setup menu, click Store Configuration.
- On the Store Configuration menu, click Purchase Options.
- In the list, click the Purchase Option you want to configure for conversion. You may have to browse the list, use the Search option, or filter the list to find the Purchase Option you want to configure.
- Under the After Expire heading, select Convert to…:
- From the list, select the Purchase Option that this will convert to when it expires.
- Select Enable Client Control to give clients the ability to opt out of the Purchase Option conversion.
- Select Disable Client Control to take away clients’ ability to opt out of the Purchase Option conversion.
- Click Save.