You can place a client’s membership on hold if they are unable to visit your business for an extended period of time due to an injury, travel plans, etc. A hold will suspend the membership for a specified period of time. While on hold, all billing will be frozen and the membership cannot be used.
To place a mass hold on selected memberships, see Placing a mass hold on memberships.
When you are placing a membership on hold, you can choose to apply one of two membership hold rules: Prorate or Contract Extension. For more information, see Membership hold rules.
Once a membership has been placed on hold, you can choose to modify or delete the hold on the membership at any time. For more information, see Modifying or deleting a hold on a membership.
For more information, see Memberships.
To place a membership on hold:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click the Search button , and enter the client’s information in the box. You can enter the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID.
- In the list of clients displayed, click the client’s name.
- On the side menu, click Account.
- On the Account menu, click Passes & Memberships.
- In the list, find the membership you want to put on hold. You may have to browse the list, use the Search option, or filter the list to find the membership.
- Under the Action column of the membership, click the Action button and select Put on hold.
- In the START DATE and END DATE boxes, select the start date and end date, or select the Place On-hold indefinitely option if you do not want to set an end date.
- If required, click the NOTES field and add a note.
- Click SUBMIT. The membership is placed on hold and cannot be used during this time.