You can refund a transaction directly from a client’s profile. When you refund a purchase, you are returning an amount (full or partial) that was previously processed back to the client. You can only refund a transaction after the payment has been processed by the merchant processor. If the payment has not been processed yet (i.e., the batch is open), you must void the transaction. For more information, see:
- Voiding transactions
- Transaction batches and refunds
- Credit card and ACH/Debit refunds
- Refunding a transaction in WellnessLiving that was processed in another software
To refund a transaction:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click the Search button , and enter the client’s information in the box. You can enter the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID.
- In the list of clients displayed, click the client’s name.
- On the side menu, click Account.
- On the Account menu, click Transactions.
- In the list, click the transaction you want to refund. You may have to browse the list
, use the Search option,or filter the list to find the transaction.
- In the Action column, click the Options button and select Refund.
- In the confirmation popup, click OK.
- If multiple items were purchased in a single transaction, click REFUND next to each item you want to refund. If only one item was purchased in this transaction, this option will be selected by default.
- Under Refund, in the ACTION column, indicate the status of the item you are refunding:
- If you are refunding a product, you can indicate whether it has been returned to your inventory by setting the Return to Inventory option to ON.
- If you are refunding Purchase Option, you can choose to deactivate it by setting the Deactivate Purchase Option option to ON.
- Under Payment Method to Refund, enter the details of the refund:
- In the AMOUNT TO REFUND column, enter the amount (full or partial) you want to refund the client.
- In the REFUND METHOD column, select the payment method to which you are refunding the transaction from the list. A refund can only be issued to the client’s account balance or the payment method used for the original purchase.
- Click REFUND.
- In the Action column, click the Options button and select Email Receipt, Print Receipt, or Receipt Printer to provide the customer with a copy of the receipt.