You can refund a transaction directly from a client’s profile. When you refund a transaction, you’re returning a full or partial amount that was previously processed back to the client. You can only refund a transaction after its batch has been processed by the merchant processor. If you attempt to refund a transaction before its batch is processed, the transaction will automatically be voided instead. The refund for that transaction will fail and display the Failed Refund status. For more information, see Transaction batches and refunds and Voiding a transaction.
If you need to refund multiple transactions for a client, each transaction must be refunded individually.
If the transaction was processed in a software other than WellnessLiving, see Refunding a transaction in WellnessLiving that was processed in another software.
Refunds can take up to five business days to show up in a client’s banking records. After you refund a transaction, it will be displayed as a negative amount temporarily in their client profile under the Transactions page until the refund is fully processed.
When refunding a transaction or purchase, keep the following information in mind:
- If your merchant processor is IntegraPay, you must apply for refund processing before you can issue refunds. For more information, see Applying for refunds with IntegraPay.
- If a client earns rewards points for a purchase and later refunds that purchase, those rewards points will be automatically deducted from the client profile.
- If a client refunds a purchase that was made using rewards points, the rewards points are non-refundable and won’t be returned to your clients. However, a staff member can manually assign rewards points back to the client through the client profile when needed. For example, when a client redeems a product using rewards points and changes their mind later.
- If an account tab Purchase Option is refunded, the refunded amount won’t be automatically deducted from the client’s account balance. A staff member must manually debit the client’s account to reflect their accurate account balance.
- Transactions that use ACH as a payment method can only be refunded after the transaction has settled, which can take up to 14 days. Settled transactions have a Status of Successful when viewing them on a client’s Transactions page or your reports.
- A refund can’t be successfully processed if the credit card used to make the purchase has been removed from the client’s profile.
To refund a transaction:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click the Search button , and enter the client’s information in the box. You can enter the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID.
- In the list of clients displayed, click the client’s name.
- On the side menu, click Account.
- On the Account menu, click Transactions.
- In the list, click the transaction you want to refund. You may have to browse the list
, use the Search option,or filter the list to find the transaction.
- In the Action column, click the Action button and select Refund.
- In the confirmation popup, click OK.
- If multiple items were purchased in a single transaction, click REFUND next to each item you want to refund. If only one item was purchased in this transaction, this option will be selected by default.
- In the Refund table, in the ACTION column, indicate the status of the item you’re refunding:
- If you’re refunding a product that is being returned to your inventory, set the Return to Inventory option to ON.
- If you’re refunding a Purchase Option and want to deactivate it, set the Deactivate Purchase Option option to ON.
- If you’re refunding a payment on a Purchase Option and want the refund to be displayed in the payment schedule, set the Reflect in payment schedule option to ON. The amount refunded will be considered owed to the business and may affect the amount of the next payment.
- In the Payment Method to Refund table, enter the details of the refund:
- In the AMOUNT TO REFUND column, enter the amount (full or partial) you want to refund the client. The full amount is entered by default.
- In the REFUND METHOD column, select the payment method by which you’re refunding the transaction from the list. A refund can only be issued to the client’s account balance or the payment method used for the original purchase.
- Under Note, enter the reason for the refund.
- Click Refund.
- In the Action column, click the Action button and select Email Receipt, Print Receipt, or Receipt Printer to provide the customer with a copy of the receipt.