You can refund a transaction directly from a client’s profile. When you refund a purchase, you’re returning a full or partial amount that was previously processed back to the client. You can only refund a transaction after the payment has been processed by the merchant processor. If the payment hasn’t been processed, you must void the transaction.
Refunds can take up to five business days to show up in a client’s banking records. After you refund a transaction, it will be displayed as a negative amount temporarily in the client profile under the Transactions page until the refund is fully processed.
When refunding a transaction or purchase, keep the following information in mind:
- If your merchant processor is IntegraPay, you must apply for refund processing before you can issue refunds. For more information, see Applying for refunds with IntegraPay.
- If a client earns reward points for a purchase and later refunds that purchase, those reward points will be automatically deducted from the client profile.
- If a client refunds a purchase that was made using reward points, the rewards points are non-refundable and won’t be returned to your clients. However, a staff member can manually assign reward points back to the client through the client profile when needed. For example, when a client redeems a product using reward points and changes their mind later.
- If an account tab purchase option is refunded, the refunded amount won’t be automatically deducted from the client’s account balance. A staff member must manually debit the client’s account to reflect their accurate account balance.
- Voiding transactions
- Transaction batches and refunds
- Credit card and ACH/Debit refunds
- Refunding a transaction in WellnessLiving that was processed in another software
To refund a transaction:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click the Search button , and enter the client’s information in the box. You can enter the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID.
- In the list of clients displayed, click the client’s name.
- On the side menu, click Account.
- On the Account menu, click Transactions.
- In the list, click the transaction you want to refund. You may have to browse the list
, use the Search option,or filter the list to find the transaction.
- In the Action column, click the Action button and select Refund.
- In the confirmation popup, click OK.
- If multiple items were purchased in a single transaction, click REFUND next to each item you want to refund. If only one item was purchased in this transaction, this option will be selected by default.
- Under Items Purchased, in the ACTION column, indicate the status of the item you’re refunding:
- If you’re refunding a product, you can indicate whether it has been returned to your inventory by setting the Return to Inventory option to ON.
- If you’re refunding a purchase option, you can choose to deactivate it by setting the Deactivate Purchase Option option to ON.
- Under Payment Method to Refund, enter the details of the refund:
- In the AMOUNT TO REFUND column, enter the amount (full or partial) you want to refund the client.
- In the REFUND METHOD column, select the payment method by which you’re refunding the transaction from the list. A refund can only be issued to the client’s account balance or the payment method used for the original purchase.
- Click REFUND.
- Under Note, enter the reason for the refund.
- In the Action column, click the Action button and select Email Receipt, Print Receipt, or Receipt Printer to provide the customer with a copy of the receipt.