Reserve with Google integration allows your clients to book classes, appointments, and events you offer in supported regions directly through Google Search, Google Maps, Google Assistant, or the Reserve with Google website. Bookings made through Google can be found and tracked through WellnessLiving reports and schedules. Reserve with Google automatically syncs your WellnessLiving schedule with Google approximately once every five minutes. There is also no additional cost applied while using this integration. For more information, see Booking a service through Reserve with Google.
Currently, Reserve with Google integration doesn’t support payment options. All bookings made via Reserve with Google will be marked as unpaid and purchases must be settled manually by staff members on WellnessLiving by reconciling unpaid visits through the attendance list. For more information, see Purchase rules and Reconciling an unpaid visit.
When you create a new business with WellnessLiving, the Reserve with Google feature is enabled by default. You can disable this feature at any time. For more information, see Enabling and disabling Reserve with Google integration.
Currently, Reserve with Google integration is only available to businesses in specific industries located in supported regions. Classes, appointments, and events must also meet the specific conditions. For more information, see Reserve with Google requirements.
When using Reserve with Google, keep the following information in mind:
- Services must have prices configured to be displayed on Reserve with Google. If you want to offer a service for free and have the service displayed on Reserve with Google, you must change the service price to $0.01. After a client books a service, you must issue a refund to the client’s account.
- The Purchase Options listed on Reserve with Google are displayed based on the lowest price available for that service.
- Services listed on Reserve with Google will display all the staff members who are available for at least one service at your business, regardless of whether they are assigned to a specific service. For example, if a staff member is available to lead a Group Training class on Tuesdays, and a different staff member is available to lead a Yoga Training appointment on Tuesdays, both staff members will appear as available for either service when a client makes a booking on Reserve with Google.
In this article:
Reserve with Google requirements:
In order to successfully enable Reserve with Google integration, you must meet the following requirements:
- A Google My Business account.
- An active WellnessLiving subscription.
- At least one location in a supported region that offers classes or appointments. The following regions are currently supported:
- United Kingdom
- Your business must be in one of the following industries:
- Hair Salon
- Ensure the business name for your Google My Business account and your WellnessLiving location are the same.
- Each class or appointment must meet the these conditions to be listed on Reserve with Google:
- Must not have any booking restrictions, including prerequisites or restrictions based on client types.
- Must have a price or applicable Purchase Option.
- Must have available dates and times for booking.
- Must have open spaces available for booking.
- Online booking must be enabled.
- Complete address information for each location: street address, city, state, ZIP/postal code, and country. This must match the address information in your Google My Business account.
- Reserve with Google enabled for your location. See Enabling and disabling Reserve with Google integration.
Reserve with Google limitations
The Reserve with Google integration has certain limitations you should be aware of before you enable it. These limitations affect clients with active session passes and new clients who are first-time visitors to your business.
Clients with active session passes
This applies to sessions that have the purchase rule Do not sell individual sessions. Must be paid using Purchase Options option enabled. Clients with or without an active session pass can book a session on Reserve with Google. All bookings made via Reserve with Google will be marked as unpaid in WellnessLiving. You will need to manually go through the attendance list and reconcile unpaid visits. For more information, see Purchase rules and Reconciling an unpaid visit.
Reserve with Google does not display all the mandatory fields of a client profile , so some actions that new clients must perform when booking via WellnessLiving, such as signing the online waiver, are not available through Reserve with Google bookings. This means that new clients will bypass this information when booking through Google. They will, however, be prompted to complete these sections when they log into the WellnessLiving system for the first time. Bypassed information may include:
- Online waiver and digital signatures
- Online payment and billing information
- Appointment questions
- Custom client profile fields
- Book-a-Spot assets