For example, an acupuncture appointment can have a 15-minute start time where the acupuncturist sticks needles in the client, a 30-minute processing time where they leave the client with the needles, and a 15-minute finishing time where they remove the needles from the client. These parts of the appointment can be outlined under processing time and shown to clients as an hour-long appointment.
If a service length has already been set for an appointment, including processing time will increase the total length of that appointment. For example, if you have an existing appointment with a service length of 30 minutes then add a start time of 20 minutes, the total length of the appointment will become 50 minutes.
When setting processing time for an appointment type, keep the following information in mind:
- Canceling an appointment will also cancel any allotted processing time.
- Any assets that are associated with an appointment will be affected by that appointment’s processing time. The asset won’t be available during the specified processing time.
- If an appointment is set up with processing time, the staff member booked for that appointment can’t be booked for other appointments during the appointment’s processing time.
To set processing time for an appointment type:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click View All.
- In the list, click Setup. You can filter the list by entering Setup into the Search field.
- On the Setup menu, click Services.
- On the Services menu, click Appointments.
- In the list, click the appointment you want to modify. You may have to browse the list
, use the Search option,or filter the list to find the appointment.
- Under Duration, click Include processing time.
- Choose the number of hours and minutes that are required to start processing time from the START lists.
- Choose the number of hours and minutes that are required for processing time from the PROCESSING lists.
- Choose the number of hours and minutes that are required to finish processing time from the FINISHING lists.
- Click SAVE. The processing time is added to appointments of this type.