For example, an acupuncture Appointment can have a 15-minute start time where the acupuncturist sticks needles in the client, a 30-minute processing time where they leave the client with the needles, and a 15-minute finishing time where they remove the needles from the client. These parts of the Appointment can be outlined under processing time and shown to clients as an hour-long Appointment.
If a service length has already been set for an Appointment, including processing time will increase the total length of that Appointment. For example, if you have an existing Appointment with a service length of 30 minutes then add a start time of 20 minutes, the total length of the appointment will become 50 minutes.
To set processing time for an Appointment Type:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Setup.
- On the Setup menu, click Appointments.
- In the list, click the Appointment you want to modify. You may have to browse the list, use the Search option, or filter the list to find the Appointment.
- Under Duration, click Include processing time.
- Choose the number of hours and minutes that are required to start processing time from the START lists.
- Choose the number of hours and minutes that are required for processing time from the PROCESSING lists.
- Choose the number of hours and minutes that are required to finish processing time from the FINISHING lists.
- Click SAVE. The processing time is added to Appointments of this type.