You can share a membership or session pass between clients whose profiles are linked as family members. When a session pass or membership is shared, each applicable visit from an associated family member will count as a visit used against that Purchase Option. You can only share a Purchase Option between clients who are linked as family members and only staff members can configure a Purchase Option to be shared.
After a staff member has configured a Purchase Option to be shared, that Purchase Option can be manually shared with family members or you can create or modify a Purchase Option to be shared among family members automatically upon purchase.
If a Purchase Option is sold to a client before a family member is linked to their profile, it won’t be automatically shared. A staff member will need to manually share the Purchase Option with the family member from the client’s profile. Purchase Options must also be manually shared if the Do not share membership with family members by default option has been selected in the advanced settings of the Purchase Option.
For more information, see Adding a family member.
When sharing a Purchase Option with a family member, keep the following information in mind:
- You can’t share a package between clients, but you can share the individual content of a package.
- If a membership or session pass that is shared with a family member is included in a package, it won’t be shared with the family member when the package automatically renews. To continue allowing the membership or session pass to be shared with the family member, you must manually share it from the package owner’s client profile.
- Drop-in sessions for classes can only be shared with a related client from the shopping cart at the time of purchase.
In this article:
To share a Purchase Option from the shopping cart:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Store.
- Under Location, select the location to which the sale should be assigned. This option is only available if the Staff members must select a location at checkout store setting is turned on. If this option is not available, the sale will automatically be assigned to the location you are currently signed in to.
- In the SEARCH CLIENT box, type the client’s name, and then select the client.
- You must choose a client that is linked to another client as a family member.
- Under Products and Services, search for and select the item you want to sell, and then click Add to cart.
- In the shopping cart, next to the Purchase Option, click the Options button and select Share. This option will only be available if the selected client is already linked to another client’s profile via a relationship.
- Click the Share with box and select each family member with whom you want to share this Purchase Option.
- Continue to step 7 in Making a sale.
To share a Purchase Option from a client’s profile:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click the Search button , and enter the client’s information in the box. You can enter the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID.
- In the list of clients displayed, click the name of the client who owns the Purchase Option.
- On the side menu, click Account.
- On the Account menu, click Passes & Memberships.
- In the list, find the Purchase Option you want to share. You may have to browse the list, use the Search option, or filter the list to find the Purchase Option.
- Under the Action column, click the Options button and select Share with family.
- Under AVAILABLE, click each family member with which you want to share this Purchase Option.
- To deselect a family member, under SELECTED, click the name of each family member with which you do not want to share this Purchase Option.
- Click SAVE.