Your Payroll Details or Payroll Summary reports are not calculating as expected or showing incorrect amounts.
Your payroll reports are calculated based on the pay rates set up for your staff members, as well as the settings of Purchase Options your clients are using to book services. If you believe the amounts listed in your payroll reports are incorrect, check the following sources of possible errors to confirm whether your payroll reports are correct:
- Staff members do not have the correct pay rates associated with their services. – You can check the pay rates used to calculate staff members’ pay for services in the PAY RATE column of the Payroll Details Report. If the pay rate is incorrect, you can change it from the Appointment Type setup for Appointments, and from the Class or Event schedule for Classes and Events. See the following articles for instructions:
- Staff members have the correct pay rates associated with their services, but the pay rate itself is not configured properly. – When you configure a staff member’s pay rates, you can choose whether the staff member is paid for no shows, receives bonuses after a certain number of clients book the service, has a cap on their pay, and more. Open the staff member’s profile and review the information in the Pay Rates tab to confirm that their pay rates are configured correctly. If their pay rates are not configured correctly, you can either modify an existing pay rate, or create a new one. If you’re correcting a mistake in the configuration of a pay rate, then modifying the pay rate is the best option because the changes will apply retroactively, and the correct pay will be recorded for the affected staff member in your reports. If you want the changes to apply going forward only, create a new pay rate and associate it with the appropriate services. See Setting up a staff member’s pay rates for instructions.
- Staff members’ pay rates have been modified and the modified pay rates are applying retroactively to reports. – When you modify a staff member’s existing pay rates, the modifications will be applied both going forward and to previously recorded pay in your reports. If you only wanted the modifications to apply going forward and not to previously recorded pay, modify the existing pay rate to undo the changes. This will update your reports and revert the recorded pay to the original amount. You can then create a new pay rate and associate it with the appropriate services, so the new pay rate will be applied going forward. See Setting up a staff member’s pay rates for instructions.
- Clients are attending services with memberships or session passes that exclude them from payroll calculation. – If clients are paying for services using memberships or session passes that exclude them from payroll calculation, they will not be factored into staff members’ pay for the services they attend. This will not affect staff members who are being paid with an hourly pay rate or a pay per service session rate but will affect staff members who are being paid with any other type of pay rate. If you want clients with these Purchase Options to be included in payroll calculation, open the membership or session pass and under Advanced Settings, select Include clients who use this purchase option in payroll calculation. See the following articles for instructions:
- Clients are attending Appointments with memberships that do not have an approximate revenue per session. – If staff members are being paid for Appointments with a percent commission rate, the memberships clients use to pay for those Appointments must include an approximate revenue per session from which the commission rate can be calculated. To modify a membership to include an approximate revenue per session, see Adding a rate of commission to a membership.
- Clients are attending Appointments with session passes that were sold for $0. – If staff members are being paid for Appointments with a percent commission rate, they will not be paid when clients book Appointments using session passes that were sold for $0. Even if the price of the session pass is edited after it is sold, the commission rate will still be $0 because commission is calculated based on the price the session pass was sold for.