YIN YOGA & MINDFULNESS TEACHER TRAINING WITH SARAH OWEN
Immerse yourself deeply in the practice of Yin Yoga during this 50-hour teacher training with Sarah Owen. Yin Yoga uses restorative, floor-based poses to nourish and stimulate the deeper energetic channels in the body, providing support for the immune system. Yin Yoga also provides the perfect container to develop deeper levels of self-inquiry and to cultivate the capacity for meditative self-awareness.
During this Yin Yoga Teacher Training, Sarah Owen will give you the tools to take your yin yoga and meditation practice to a deeper level. You will come away with a clear understanding of safety and anatomical issues pertaining to the Yin Yoga practice, as well as having the ability to creatively sequence yin yoga classes for all levels of students. This training is also designed to deepen your own personal practice of yoga and meditation by incorporating elements of meditation and self-inquiry into your daily yoga practice. The most effective yoga teaching comes from your own personal immersion and deepened personal experience of these ancient methods and teachings.
The 50-Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course Curriculum will include the following:
• Anatomy and Physiology specific to Yin Yoga (including skeletal variations)
• Modifications and Safety in Yin Yoga, including the use of props and supports
• Anatomy of the Subtle Body
• Mindfulness in Yin Yoga (concentration and investigation methods)
• Sequencing in Yin Yoga (including different body types, ages, injuries and class types)
• Organs and Meridian Health (using yin yoga to affect specific organs and meridians)
• Yin/Yang Theory (Taoist theory and the principles of yin and yang – how they are applied to yoga)
• History of Yin Yoga (modern lineage of yin yoga, as well as Yin Yoga and Meditation as referenced in the ancient scriptures)
• Pranayama (breathing techniques) for relaxation and awakening the energy body
• Establishing a supportive home practice/daily sadhana
*Whilst this training is designed specifically for qualified Yoga Teachers wishing to teach Yin Yoga classes, it is also open to dedicated practitioners of yoga, with the intention to use the knowledge to deepen one’s own understanding and practice. To be a certified teacher of Yin Yoga, you must have previously completed a 200-hour Yoga Teaching Certification prior to this training.
Weekend One: Friday 6th March, Saturday 7th March, and Sunday 8th March 2020
Weekend Two: Friday 13th March, Saturday 14th March, and Sunday 15th March 2020