Deepen your practice and gain the experience and tools to share yoga with others.
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is a foundations program based on a theurapeutic perspective including asana (movement), pranayama (breathing), meditation, sound (chanting). With this foundation you will be able to teach yoga to diverse groups such as athletes, geriatric, and those recovering from injury.
Upon completion of this program you will:
- Know the why behind the components of yoga practice
- Design and teach integrated yoga sequences
- Understand the roots of yoga philosophy through Patanjali's Yoga Sutra
Topics covered in this training include:
- Anatomy for yoga
- Fundamentals of sequencing
- Pranayama (breathing) techniques and applications
- Meditation practices and how to share them
- Introduction to models of subtle bodies (chakras, mayas, doshas, etc.)
- Yoga philosophy
The 200-hour training will meet for 10 weekends:
- August 10-11, 2019: Intro to Viniyoga
- September 14-15, 2019: Physical & Energetic Anatomy
- October 12-13, 2019: Asana, Principles of Movement
- November 9-10, 2019: Pranayama & Physiology
- December 14-15, 2019: Meditation & Psychology
- January 11-12, 2020: Principles of Sequencing
- February 8-9, 2020: Art of Teaching
- March 14-15, 2020: Ethics & Business of Yoga
- April 11-12, 2020: Creating Personal Practice
In addition to the weekend class meetings, there will be homework requirements to meet the 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification standards. Texts used in this training will include The Yoga Anatomy Coloring Book by Solloway, Yoga for Wellness by Kraftsow and The Key Poses of Hatha Yoga by Long.
Cost of the program will be:
- $2800 for full payment before 5/31/19
- $3000 for full payment between 5/31/19-7/31/19
- $320/month (8/1/19-5/1/20)
- $50 application fee due by 7/4/19.
- $300 non-refundable drop-out fee
This event may not be booked online.
Please call us at 317-818-1800 to begin registration process
This event may not be booked online. Please call us at 317-818-1800 to begin registration process.
Apr 12, 2020