Tarot Reading 101 is a workshop for tarot readers of all skill levels that is geared toward learning to read tarot cards for others in a way that is engaging, effective and trauma-informed. The workshop will include:
- A brief overview of the nuts and bolts of 78 card, 4 suit tarot decks, understood through the lens of psychology and behavior
- Therapeutic interpretations of the 22 major arcana that help people better understand how to use these archetypes in a way that is grounded and practical
- Principles of using tarot cards for self-inquiry and healing rather than divination
- A four step framework for interpreting any spread
- The two most common types of readings (providing support/affirmation & helping people who are at a crossroads/stuck) and tools for approaching each based in evidence-based therapeutic models like narrative therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy
And my bio:
Jessica Dore's unique approach to tarot combines her years of work in psychology and behavioral science book publishing, her training as a graduate student of clinical social work, and her in-depth study and work with cards, symbol and archetype. Her work using tarot cards for mental health has been featured by New York Magazine's The Cut, NPR's Weekend Edition, VICE, Urban Outfitters, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Yoga Journal, Philadelphia Magazine and more.