Friday July 12 - Sunday July 14
This intensive suspension yoga teacher training will provide you with the experience to incorporate aerial silk hammocks as a prop to your practice and gain the necessary skills to teach this unique and fun-filled practice to others from a traditional approach.
Suspension yoga brings new depth and perspective to the practice of yoga by offering a support system to lengthen and lift into postures, challenge strength and deep core stability and engage in inverted postures with little compression. With the support of the hammock it gives an opportunity to practice postures that may be inaccessible otherwise.
- Learn a new approach from a traditional yoga foundation in a creative and modern style
- Experience the 8 limbs of yoga from a unique perspective that gives new insights into the practice of suspension yoga
- Develop a knowledge of postures using aerial silk hammocks as a prop to learn a different approach of movement and stability in postures
- Understand anatomy and physiology as it pertains to Suspension Yoga
- Develop a method of presenting a practice using sequencing, progression, modifications and adjustments for student’s success in practice
- Receive practical experience and feedback to teach suspension yoga effectively
- Develop a new understanding of how this type of practice can enhance other styles of yoga
- Learn different approaches of Suspension Yoga like Restorative Suspension Yoga, Kids Suspension Yoga and Suspension Yoga for special populations.
Hours of training:
Friday July 12 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday July 13 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday July 14 11:00 am - 5:00 pm