Ayurveda is considered by many scholars to be the oldest healing science. In Sanskrit, Ayurveda means “The Science of Life.” Ayurvedic knowledge originated in India more than 5,000 years ago and is often called the “Mother of All Healing.” It's a system of healing that examines physical constitution, emotional nature, and spiritual outlook in the context of the universe.
Ayurveda identifies three basic types of energy or functional principles that are present in everyone and everything - VATA, PITTA, KAPHA. A state of health is when those three energy are balanced in the mind and body.
The knowledge of Ayurveda enables one to understand how to create this balance of body, mind and consciousness according to one’s own individual constitution through right thinking, diet, lifestyle and the use of herbs.
Prevention of disease and maintenance of a
healthy state is more important than curing a manifested disease
In this 1.5 hour workshop, Meng Gong, our in house Ayurvedic Practitioner will introduce you to Ayurveda and how this ancient healthcare system benefits you as a unique individual.
1. The Basic Principle of Ayurveda: Vata Pitta Kapha. What each vital energy means to you.
2. Knowing your body - what is your constitution, why you need to know that for disease prevention and health enhancement?
3. Mind and Body Link - how can your mind can play such a big role in your health? How you can turn your mind into your advantage?
4. Ayurvedic Daily routine - a lifestyle that shapes you physically and mentally. Having a healthy life starts with a healthy and regulated daily routine.
5. Eating for your body type - you are what you eat. Food nourishes your physical body AND mind. Learn the optimal foods for your constitution.
6. Herbal Supplement for your optimum self - learn about Ayurvedic Herbs that you can use to boost energy and supplement your diet.