Wanna be successful at breastfeeding? Preparation is key.
While breastfeeding is natural — and you can totally do it, mama — it’s hardly ever easy, and many moms give up simply because they weren’t adequately prepared.
During this workshop, you will:
- build a better understanding of breastfeeding
- learn strategies and techniques to avoid common breastfeeding struggles, such as low milk supply, sore & damaged nipples, and a poor latch
- gain the confidence you’ll need to begin your breastfeeding journey
- understand how partners and other support persons can aid in your success
Certified lactation consultant and Mama Hub co-founder, Jalyn Spencer-Harris IBCLC, will guide you and a support person through this fun, interactive workshop. Some of the points we will cover include:
- what to expect in the first week *this information is CRUCIAL to getting the best start to breastfeeding
- normal newborn feeding behaviors
- how to establish a good latch
- baby-led breastfeeding and optimal positioning
- how to tell if your baby is feeding well
- pumping for maximum output and minimum time
- how to bottle feed properly and use other alternative feeding methods
- ways to overcome common breastfeeding challenges
- how to include partners and increase bonding
AETNA insurance members can take this class for free. Please email Jalyn [at] DetroitMamaHub [dot] com to take advantage.
**This workshop is eligible for payment via FSA/HSA.
***Detroit Mama Hub Members receive a 10% discount.