Intensive Mat-Plus (IMP) provides you with the solid foundation and skills you need to develop effective and motivating group and personal training programs. This course teaches you to design and teach the Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) Matwork repertoire, integrating light accessories to add variety and meet the specific needs of your clients.
You will learn:
- Workout composition for personal and group training
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Flex-Band®, Fitness Circle® and Arc Barrel® workouts
- Effective communication and observational skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- 63 exercises plus multiple modifications
Comprehensive Matwork Manual
4 video titles:
- Essential Matwork 3rd Ed
- Intermediate Matwork 3rd Ed
- Sculpt & Tone
- Fitness Circle® Challenge
NOTE: Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Book is required for IMP and IR courses but only needs to be purchased once so not included in Course Package.
You should have a working knowledge of functional anatomy, or willingness to invest time to learn it.
You should have attended a minimum 30 hours Pilates classes/workouts, preferably STOTT PILATES. If you haven't ask us about teacher training discounts on our classes. Additionally, you can pick-up your course materials early and practice the matwork allong with the DVDs.