In this 2 hour lecture you will learn some basic understanding of Ayurveda before we dive deeper into gracefully aging with Ayurveda.
According to Ayurveda, your life is deeply influenced or dominated by each of the 3 Doshas- Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Kapha, the combination of water and earth, dominates childhood. As you grow older, you pass through the phase of Pitta, which is made up of water and fire.
And eventually, you enter the phase of Vata, which is made up of air and space who have the qualities of cold, mobile and dry. Symptoms that reflect these elements become more common like dry achy joints, dry skin, insomnia, anxiety, bones are not as strong, digestion challenges etc.
Learn about Ayurveda for gracefully aging, being happy and healthy by exploring:
· the unique Ayurvedic perspective on aging and use practical tools to transition gracefully into the next phase of your life, keeping disease at bay
· ayurvedic herbs suggested in ancient texts for rejuvenation as well as specific age related imbalances
· the Ayurvedic processes of cleansing, fasting and detoxification as well as mental purification and how they fortify you against accelerated aging
· Ayurvedic Rasayanas, which, in early Ayurvedic medicine, meant the science of lengthening one’s lifespan.
· lifestyle changes
· meditation, yoga, tai chi, qi gong, pranayama
· Ayurvedic treatments
· Food as medicine