Spring Equinox Cacao Ceremony
Join us in an uplifting Cacao Ceremony to reflect and honour our own personal journeys, shift old patterns and reconnect to our heart's inner rhythm. Harnessing the energy of the Spring Equinox, we will focus our attention on manifesting from a clear and open heart, letting go of what no longer serves us. Where attention goes, energy flows!
Spring Equinox represents new light and life, new beginnings, seeds, and a new path.
It is seen as a time of struggle between light and darkness, life and death. The fact that day and night are equal on the day of the equinox represents our own need for balance at this time.
What is Cacao?
Cacao is raw chocolate and it is a powerful plant medicine that has been used ceremonially for thousands of years across Central and South America. The people of ancient Mesoamerica attributed a sacred status to Cacao and would drink ceremonially to commune with their gods.
What is a cacao ceremony?
A Cacao Ceremony gives us sacred space and time for ourselves in a hectic and stressful world. It is the perfect space to switch off the outside chaos and take a shamanic journey into ourselves to meet the spirit of Cacao. Once we have met her she give us the answers we are seeking, helps us find clarity so that we can become clearer of who we are, where we are going, and the opportunities available to us.
Cacao is a powerful Plant Medicine that also helps us to release emotional blockages that no longer serve us, find forgiveness in ourselves and others, and shows us the way forward if we are stuck or afraid of making the necessary life changes in order to move on. It enables us to access stuck emotions, conditionings, patterns of behaviour and addictions that are buried deep in the unconscious and release them in safe and nurturing environment.
We drink Cacao in ceremony to reconnect with our deep inner guidance. Using Shamanic journeying, Lisa expertly guides you to meet the Cacao Spirit to discover more about yourself, release negative blockages, open your heart, and find peace and clarity. Cacao is not psycho-active and doesn’t take you out of your body. Everyone will experience Cacao differently. It all depends on an individual's extra sensory perception, and how Cacao works with you.
What To Bring
- Your journal and a pen to write down any insights from your journey
- A cozy blanket
- A water bottle
- An intention for the ceremony
- Favourite mug (if you don’t have any at the studio)
How To Prepare
- Cacao contains caffeine, so please do NOT DRINK COFFEE or any other stimulants at least 3 hours before the ceremony.
- We recommend that you do not eat for at least three hours prior to the ceremony. This is so that the cacao can be quickly and easily absorbed enabling you to go deeper into your journey.
- Please drink plenty of water both before and after the ceremony to stay hydrated.
- If you are feeling floaty or spacey after the ceremony, a good way to ground the energy is to eat a nourishing, healthy meal.
- Dress in comfortable loose clothing.
Cacao is safe to drink, however please make us aware if any of the following apply to you:
- If you are taking anti depressants, SSRI's or any other medication.
- If you have a heart condition, as cacao increases the blood flow to the brain and heart by at least 40%.
- If you are pregnant.
Our Cacao is prepared especially for ceremony and comes from the Asháninka tribes of Peru and the Tsatsayaku tribes of Ecuador, for more information please visit www.ritualcacao.co.uk