Working from the “yinside” out, we will explore the main
postures of yin yoga, the benefits of this style of practice, and
basic anatomy necessary to understand how different bodies create
different shapes. You'll be introduced to Paul Grilley's
“Functional Approach to Yoga” and how it works with the teachings
This training is open to both current and aspiring yoga teachers, as well as enthusiastic students who wish to spend the weekend immersed in all things Yin. You’ll leave this weekend with the foundation and ability to guide yourself and your students safely and effectively into a wide variety of yin poses.
This course also qualifies for 15 hours of CE credit with Yoga Alliance for registered yoga teachers.
We’ll be focusing on:
· The history and philosophy of yin yoga
· The main poses of yin yoga
· The Functional Approach to Yoga
· Skeletal variation and how it affects the shape of the pose
· Anatomy review to support the Functional Approach
· Understanding connective tissue and fascia
· Stressing tissues through Compression and Tension
· Target areas of the poses
· Modifications and prop use
· Introduction to Chinese Meridian theory as it relates to yin
· How to build a class (sequencing, timing, music, props, intention)
You'll also get practice time teaching each other what you've just learned! Putting this knowledge into action.
Please bring Bernie Clark's book - The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga, 2nd Edition.
$299 early bird (SAVE $50!) *
$349 after Oct 2
Saturday 1:30-7:30pm (no break, but you can bring snacks)
Sunday 9-11:30am and 4-7:30pm
*Be Love Yoga Studio teachers and studio members get separate pricing, please see the studio for more information before you sign up online.
About the teacher trainer:
Melissa Christensen, ERYT500, YACEP. Melissa is a full-time professional yoga teacher trainer and has been teaching yin yoga for over ten years, having studied with Paul Grilley and his senior assistant Joe Barnett, Bernie Clark and Sarah Powers. She brings a wealth of knowledge to her trainings, offering a comprehensive, engaging and fun approach to her love of yin. Melissa has led over 30 yin trainings over the last 5 years across the United States and into Canada. Her training is Yoga Alliance approved, as a YACEP certified trainer. You can find her at www.yoginimelissac.com, on FB and IG @yoginimelissac