This is an hour long class focused on basic ballet and tap steps as well as creative movement.
DANCE ATTIRE REQUIREMENTS
BALLET, LYRIC, CONTEMPORARY, & MODERN Females- Pink Tights, Any color leotard, pink ballet slippers, hair up in a Bun. Males- Black ballet tights or athletic pants, plain short sleeved T shirt, ballet slippers, hair out of face.
TAP Females- Black Tap shoes, any color leotard, pink tights, & hair in Bun. Males- Black Tap shoes, black ballet tights or athletic pants, plain short sleeved T shirt, & hair out of face.
- Songbirds Music, Art, & Dance Center does not charge any registration fee or recital fees. We do charge for tickets to recitals ($5) and costume fees ($45 per costume).
- Classes are offered weekly either as 30 min classes or hour-long classes. Classes regularly run from August- May. Selected classes will also be offered during summer months.
- Classes are charged at the beginning of the month for the entirety of that month. Pricing is as follows:
- Classes are charged at the beginning of the month for the
entirety of that month. Pricing is as follows:
- First 30 min weekly class - $40/ month
- First 45 min weekly class - $50/ month
- First Hour Long weekly class - $60/ month
- Additional Hour-Long weekly classes - +$45/ month
- Any more Additional Hour-Long weekly classes - +$30/ month
- 90 min weekly class - $84/ month
- A Sibling that has a family member
enrolled in dance or an individual enrolled in both music lessons
and dance, will receive the sibling discount on dance classes.
Sibling pricing for dance is as follows:
- First 30 min weekly class - $35/ month
- First 45 min weekly class - $45/ month
- First Hour Long weekly class - $55/ month
- Additional Hour-Long weekly classes - +$40/ month
- Any more Additional Hour-Long weekly classes - +$25/ month
- 90 min weekly class - $79/ month
- Monthly tuition is the same every month regardless of the number of classes held.
- Holidays/ Closed dates are based on the official Seminole County School District Calendar. A Songbirds Calendar can always be found available in the lobby.
- All students are required to enroll in our secure auto-bill system. This is a safe, secure and convenient way to pay your ongoing tuition. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, Check Cards, and ACH (bank draft).
- Payment is automatically processed on the first of each month. An email reminding you of the automatic draft will be sent by the system every time your card is charged.
- Failure to complete payments
regularly and on time may result in penalties and revision of this
- Late payments will incur a late fee of $10. It is the responsibility of the student or guardian to ensure current payment information is on file.
- Please note, when registering for dance classes, you are registering for the dance class for the entire school year (August- May) or entire summer (June- August). To withdrawal early, please see our withdrawal policy.
- Due to the current global pandemic, no makeups will be allotted for group classes.
Attire and Materials:
- All students are required wear the proper dance attire, including shoes, for every class.
- Hair must be worn up and out of faces.
- All students are expected to bring water to every class.
In order to early withdrawal from dance classes, formal notice must be completed. Official notice must be made through our online form: www.SongbirdsOviedo.com/Cancel Notice must be submitted once month in advance from the student’s expected withdrawal date. Once the notice has been submitted, the student’s account will be charged one additional month and is permitted to take their regularly-scheduled classes for the month(s) paid for. (ie- student gives notice on Feb 15th. Account is charged on March 1st, and last day of that’s student’s class is March 31st). Our school year season runs August- May and summer June-July.