PJ is a registered nurse with 30+ years of experience in cardiac and transplantation. She discovered yoga over 16 years ago and earned her RYT 200 certification in 2017 while living in Chicago. She moved to the Madison area in 2018 and is loving life here!
PJ is a lifelong learner and over the years she has taken multiple cooking and nutrition courses along with additional yoga courses to enhance her own practice which includes; restorative, trauma, and Accessible Yoga.
Practicing yoga has so many benefits for every-body, no matter what age, stage, or shape we have been blessed with. Props and pose modifications will be included during each session to allow support when and where it is needed.
Please join me as we nourish our body, mind, and spirit.
The 60-minute Sessions Include
- gentle movement 30-minutes
- Savasana (rest time/mediation) 10-15-minutes savasana (equally as important as movement)
- Powwow teaching session 15-minutes
Week 1 Yoga – Cold, Flu, Covid Season
- Yoga- gentle movements to rev up the lymph circulation and boost the immune system
- Guided meditation – ease the mind, reduce stress
- Powwow – Nature’s apothecary: Learn about plants /herbs that nourish the entire body and some simple home recipes to help ward off germs
Week 2 Yoga - Destress During the Upcoming Holiday Season
- Yoga- gentle movements to enhance the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest mode)
- Guided Meditation
- Powwow – Stress Reducing Strategies: Improving sleep, practicing mindfulness
Week 3 Yoga - Gratitude and Happiness
- Yoga- shake your chakras with fun poses and music
- Mediate (self) with a smile
- Powwow - The power of gratitude journaling (journals will be provided)
Week 4 Yoga – Cognitive Health
- Yoga- gentle movements crossing the midline to build the right and left side of our brain
- Powwow - Nutritious foods, spices, and herbs that powers the brain