Dogs, possums, frogs, cats, canaries, hamsters, ducks, and pigs – and whoever else you take care of or share your home with – create their portraits on canvas or paper. Choose any five of your favorite animals (domestic or wild) that you’d love to learn to draw or paint, and create their likeness with the five professional techniques; on each day of the week, you’ll practice a new technique. You will be working from photographs, learning to paint fur, shiny noses, highlights in the eyes, and other features that will make your animal come alive in expressive, realistic, or whimsical styles.
Friday Evening: Wine and Cocoa Art Reception. Upon completion of the week, the participants will have an opportunity to display their paintings in the online art exhibition and invite their parents and friends. During the program, the instructor will give participants pointers on how to talk about their art and the techniques they learned, so they feel confident presenting their work. Guests will be welcomed to participate in the art discussion.
June 28th - July 2nd, 2021, 1:00pm - 2:30pm
For those entering grades 6 - 12.
- Acrylic, gouache, or tempera: red, yellow, blue, black, and white (all other colors optional)
- Paint brushes, variety of sizes: large, medium, small
- Minimum 5 canvases for acrylic, or 5 sheets of watercolor paper for gouache or tempera: recommended size is 8x8 inches, however, the size is up to you.
- Cup of water to wash brushes
- Paper towels or rag to wipe brushes
- Palette: freezer paper or paper plate
- Photo references of animals you want to paint
This camp can be done with the supplies you already own. If you need to purchase supplies, click here.
After you register, you will receive the link in your email one hour before the camp starts.
Jul 02, 2021