Are going through an emotionally or physically challenging period? Consider focusing on the organs and meridians that house these emotions and ailments with Yin Yoga. Yin is a slow-paced style of yoga, incorporating principles of traditional Chinese medicine with asanas (postures) that are held for longer periods of time. This practice strengthens the ligaments and tendons and reduces chances of injury.
In this four session series, we will practice asanas that correspond with each organ that houses our emotions. We will discuss theory of meridians and how blocked Qi (Vital Energy) can manifest into physical and emotional problems.
Our practice will begin with a 30-minute yoga nidra, which brings you to a state of consciousness between waking and sleeping. This will assist in stress relief and set the stage for our yin practice.
During each session, we will focus on one or more groups of organs that work together in harmony (Yin/Yang). This will include: Stomach/Spleen, Liver/Gallbladder, Kidney/Urinary Bladder, Heart/Small Intestines and Lung/Large Intestines.
Our practice will end with a 15-minute savasana. This is the time when we allow integration between our body and mind.
Pre-registration is required. Must have a minimum of 4 students to hold each workshop session.
Bring a yoga mat, blanket and extra layers of clothing so you can remain warm and comfortable during this practice.
This class is IN-STUDIO!
By registering for this class, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
There are only 6 in-studio spots available.
You must pre-register for this workshop! Should you find yourself unable to attend, you MUST cancel at least 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop to receive credit for future events (refunds will not be provided). If you do not cancel, you will be responsible for paying in full for the workshop you missed.
Monthly Unlimited Membership benefit (excluding livestream only memberships): 10% off, automatically applied at checkout.
- Arrive at least 10-15 minutes prior to the start of class
- Your teacher will greet students DOWNSTAIRS (please wait for your teacher before heading into the studio)
- Maintain 6 feet social distancing
- Teacher and students must wear mask
- Teacher will check student temperatures and ask students to wash/sanitize hands
- Teacher will check each student in via tablet or phone
- TDY requests that each student keep conversation in studio to a minimum
- Students must bring their own mats. If not, students may purchase one at the studio by contacting studio in advance of event (TDY will no longer offer courtesy mats or mat rentals).
- Proceed to studio, laying your mat in one of the indicated spots (floors are marked indicating where you should place the top left of your mat. While doing so, be mindful of social distancing)
- Students must keep masks on at all times
- NO late arrivals will be allowed
- NO drop-ins will be allowed – you must pre-register!