Participants will learn the proper techniques to belay a lead climber. They will also learn how to tie into the sharp end of the rope and lead routes. After completing the lead class, students will have the knowledge to lead climb in indoor environments.
- 1 day course, Fridays 2PM to 8PM, Saturdays and Sundays. 8am-2pm.
- Please make sure you are ready to go at 8am (or 2PM Friday). If you get in early, there will be complementary coffee to get you over the early weekend wake-up.
- You will be required to have your own harness, shoes and locking carabiner. We will be teaching the course on the ATC PILOT which will be provided as part of the course if you don't have one. Techniques for lead belay are specific to the ATC PILOT.
- Bring a snack for the break!
- Participants will have exclusive offers on rope and gear.
- Cost $135 per person. If you're paying for more than one participant, please ensure they have been booked into the course under their own account.
- This is strictly an indoor lead climbing course only. If you wish to go outdoors, you will need to seek further instruction.
- If you find out you can't make the dates, bookings can be changed up to 1 week before the lead course. Rescheduling will not be possible within a week of the lead course starting.
- We expect you to be experienced with top rope and you will be able to demonstrate you can safely belay and climb on top rope.
- You will be able to consistently climb grade 18+ on top rope.
- You have your own harness and locking carabiner.
- If you are under 18, your parent/guardian will be required to sign a waiver on your behalf.
- Minimum age of 16 and over to take the course.