Period:Oct 15, 2022 - Oct 15, 2022
Number of Sessions:1
Days of week
Duration:Oct 15, 2022
Days of week:Sat
Time:10:00AM - 4:00PM
Location:Satyam Yoga & Wellbeing Centre
Repeat every:1 week
In Jivamukti yoga, traditional yogic practices are incorporated into a modern lifestyle without losing sight of the ancient universal goal of liberation. In this day retreat with Andrea kwiatkowski, we will explore ancient teaching and practices in our urban city of Cambridge.
Beginning with Intention setting we can deepen our Sadhana, conscious spiritual practice through practices of asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, meditation and chanting . In an ancient text from the 13th century The Jivan-Mukti-Viveka by the sage Vidaranya, it states “ the Jivanmukta does not fear the world, nor does the world fear the Jivanmukta." Taking an extended study time on a day retreat can help us reflect on how our practice affects the way we see the world and how we act in it Please bring a notebook .
The retreat day will include and develop the 5 tenets of Jivamukti yoga:
- Ahimsa - promoting veganism and ethical vegetarianism (a vegan lunch is included in the day )
- Bhakti - devotion to the divine through chanting and devotion
- Nada - deep listening of the inner sounds, includes a musical soundtrack
- Shastra - Scripture, detailed discussion and development of texts
- Meditation - a seated practice with instruction.
3 sessions included -
Meditation /Kriyas/ Pranayama / Intention setting
Asana / Scripture / Chanting
Restorative Asana / Relaxation / Reflections
Please note our 4 rates of payment are available for this event: Sponsor, Standard, Support & Solidarity.