Teaching is a labor of love and one of service. As givers, it is important to know how to keep your own cup full os you can continue to give to and care for your students; to continue to love what you do. During this 2-day workshop, you will learn scientifically proven ways to help take better care of you.
In two days, you will...
* learn the science of mindfulness
* understand why mindfulness benefits classroom teachers and the classroom setting
* identify areas of stress as a teacher
* understand how emotions affect teaching and learning
* learn about the effects of positivity
* understand the power of thoughts
* learn a practice to suit your specific needs
July 23 & 24, 9am-2pm
Early Bird: $275 by June 1
Candace Glass holds a BA Early Childhood and taught in public and private schools for over 20 years and has studied with Mindful Schools for over 3 years in mindfulness work. Candace is yoga and mindfulness practitioner.
Candace became the owner of Southtown Yoga in March 2016. She also owns Elephant Power: Mindfulness and Yoga for Kids. Candace is passionate about teaching yoga and mindfulness to everyone -- young and old alike. A city resident, Candace loves dark chocolate, sushi, and walking her dogs at Tower Grove Park. She is grateful for the Southtown community and believes that life is about the simple things and every day is a gift to cherish and hold.
E-RYT 200, RCYT, RPYT, and Certified yogahour teacher.